I just did this to my Monte the other day.I didnt take any pictures because theres not really a whole lot to take pictures of.First thing I did was to take the door sill plate & inner kick panel off.Then you can see the 2 speed nuts that hold the release handle in place and remove them.Then I took the inner fender off and moved it out of the way enough to see where the cable comes through the firewall.You should scribe the hood latch mechanism so it can be put back in the same location,but mine has been painted a couple of different colours,so it was easy to get it in the same place.Remove the latch and take the old cable off,a small screwdriver helped here.Theres one bracket on the upper rad support that holds the cable,just bend this a bit to get the cable out.Pull the cable out from the inside,then feed the new one in the same way.Put the release handle in place and put the 2 speed nuts back on.Be sure not to pinch the new cable between the inner & outer fender.Put the end back in the latch and the plastic stop back in the groove it belongs in.Put the latch mechanism back in place and tighten it up,I had my wife pull the handle a couple of times to verify proper operation.Then you can close the hood and see how easy the new cable works.Put the inner fender,inner kick panel & sill plate back on.Thats it,now it works much better than before,pull's easier,and now I dont have to worry about the cable breaking and leaving me unable to open the hood.
Guy

GuysMonteSS '86 SS,513 BBC,AFR Heads,UDHarold/Bullet Custom Solid Roller Cam,706 lift,255/263 @ .050,Jesel Shaft Rockers,Balanced & Blueprinted,Doug Nash 4+1 5 Speed,Hurst In-Line Shifter,Ford 9 Inch Rear,SC&C Street Comp Stage 2+ Front End Kit...