I did this on a 81 Regal but everything I did is the same as doing this to a Monte. This setup came used and complete from another board member so I don't have all the part numbers and whatnot available but this writeup should give you an idea of what is involved in doing this swap.
7/16" Line wrench
Pair of pliers
Possibly a pair of Vice Grips
18mm Deep socket
3/8 Drive ratchet
12" 3/8 drive extension.
Pair of Jackstands
Spray can of PB Blaster
I started by disconnecting the battery then jacking the front of the car up by the front engine cradle with the floor jack then installing the jackstands under the frame just below the front of the doors.
I removed both front tires, inner fender was already out but this job can be done with the inner fender installed.
I sprayed down the upper control arm mounting bolts, tie rod end, lower balljoint and brake line fittings with the PB Blaster.
Ussing the 18mm Deep socket and 3/8 drive ratchet I removed the two control arm nuts. I then hit the upper control arm with the hammer a few times to loosen the shaft from the bolts so I could get the shims out from between the shaft and the mounting tabs. I then removed the cotter pin from the outter tie rod end and used the 11/16" wrench to take the nut off. I use the hammer to break the tie rod away from the spindle by smacking the spindle at that location as shown in the picture.
I then removed the cotter pin from the lower balljoint and loosened the nut until it had 5-6 threads still holding the nut on the balljoint. I then placed the floor jack about 2" below the balljoint just in case then hit the spindle as shown in the picture.
I then took the brake line loose from the brake hose with the 7/16" line wrench and removed the clip that holds the hose to the bracket with the pliers.
I then used the jack to lift the lower control arm up a couple of inches and took the nut off the rest of the way from the lower balljoint. I then was able to lift the entire assembly off the lower balljoint and then pushed it towards the engine and slid the upper control arm shaft off the bolts that hold it to the frame then I set the whole assembly on the floor next to the "new" setup. Man what a difference in size!
To install the 12" setup I just reversed everything as before sliding the upper control arm on to the bolts and then down on the lower balljoint and then tightened those pieces down making sure to put the shims back in their correct spots on the upper control arm and installing the cotter pin through the nut on the lower balljoint.
I then hooked the brake line up to the new braided line and installed the clip that holds the line to the bracket. Next I installed the tie rod end into the spindle and tightened the nut up and put the cotter pin back in it. I then bled the brake and was ready to go!
On the drivers side everything is the same except that you will have to remove the intermediate steering shaft(sorry no pics of this) which involves removing the 15mm nut from the upper section and sliding the shaft off of the steering column section then sliding back the plastic shield on the lower part of the shaft and removing the bolt that holds it on with the 7/16" socket then I was able to remove the shaft to get access to the upper control arm retaining nuts.
After getting everything back together the car will need an alignament something fierce, please be prepared for this as the car will not be driveable!