MonteCarloSS.com
MonteCarloSS.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#173088 - 08/24/03 02:41 PM Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
Scott_86SS Offline
Scott_86SS  Offline

North Pole, AK (no, really!)
First, let me thank all that were able to come out and gather at this meeting. We all had a great time meeting and talking and seeing some great Montes. For those that weren't able to make it for one reason or another, we all understand that things like that happen. We missed you, but there WILL be more gatherings soon and I'm sure we'll see you there.

We had a "better than expected" turn-out this weekend. Not so much in the number of people, but the distances everyone came from. Folks from North Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia were there with their SSs. Total count was about 17 folks at one point. Some stayed a night or two and some had to stop by and then head home. Attendees this weekend were:

mannblk - Jeff with his black '87 Aero
Scott_86SS - Scott, his family, and his white '86 Notchback
Tim Johnson, his family, and their black '85 Notchback
85_3Car - Jim, his family, and their white '87 Aero
Gotamonte - Nicholas, his girlfriend, and his white '87 Notchback
Aero87coupe - Gwen, her family, and their new John Deere tractor

scott.leppert@acsalaska.net
'86 SS, White/Gray, T-Tops, Full Stock, L69 305HO, Flowmaster 40s
--20 yrs yearning, 2 yrs searching, 1 wk purchasing, lifetime of enjoyment
#173089 - 08/24/03 03:00 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
Rebel87SS Offline
10+ Year
Rebel87SS  Offline
10+ Year

NC
Here is a link for the pictures I took Saturday until I can get them to Paul C for this site.

August 23, 2003 at NC Zoo

Gwen - SMCC member
87 Aerocoupe burgundy/burgundy, stock and stripeless
85 El Camino black & silver/burgundy, work in progress
95 Impala SS black/grey - new project
#173090 - 08/24/03 03:35 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
BLUE Offline
BLUE  Offline

VA
::still sick:: \:\(

I immediately demanded that Gwen send me the pics last night (I couldn't wait). Thanks for going to the trouble Gwen! The pictures look great, and the cars look great. Very clean machines. Jeff's car looks just as I imagined it would, the tan interior in a black car (especially an aero) is hot!

It's great to see another club formed, especially being as "close" as you are to the VAMCC. I will be in touch. The future is looking good. \:\)

" It's not so much a "car thing" as it is a "people thing". "
Hey, it's a "car people" thing. :p \:\)

"Red" - 1984 Monte Carlo SS Under Construction
2003 Mach 1 Mustang

*Pres. VAMCC *
#173091 - 08/24/03 03:44 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
NJMonteCarloClub Offline
10+ Year
NJMonteCarloClub  Offline
10+ Year

Central NJ USA
Congrats guys!!!.... You pulled it off and sounds like you had a great time!!!

Is anyone making it to Ocean City MD for the Fall Show??? So far we have 7 guys heading down we will be there fri. evening and leaving on Suday afernoon... We are stayin at Frontier Town.... Think about it might be a good late/end of season gathering...

#173092 - 08/24/03 03:50 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
BLUE Offline
BLUE  Offline

VA
I doubt well be making that one Gary... \:\(

We're also not going to end our season, since that's what bogged us down so much this year getting things started in the spring. I know it's different up North. Although this year I have a feeling the South may be getting dumped on this winter...

Anyway, returning the thread to the SMCC, hehe.

2003 Mach 1 Mustang

*Pres. VAMCC *
#173093 - 08/24/03 04:36 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
Spider_carb Offline
15+ Year
Spider_carb  Offline
15+ Year

Shady Valley, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott_86SS:

Then it was back to the hotel to settle in to watch the Sharpie 500. We all had a great time (until the last lap), as evidenced by Jeff's trashed hotel room. \:D
LMAO....I wish I took pics of that.

My girlfiend and I had a blast. Hope we get together soon to see everyone again.

#173094 - 08/24/03 05:05 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
SrBenelli Offline
SrBenelli  Offline

Indian Trail, NC
Again, sorry I missed the fun... \:\(
Rest assured, I'll be attending the next one!

Steve

Steve.....Proud member of the SMCC

'84 Monte SS....currently getting a BBC 396
#173095 - 08/24/03 10:28 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
RenegadeSS Offline
RenegadeSS  Offline

U-N-the Rearview,Georgia
We had a great time! My family and I had a great time and can't wait to do it again.EVERYONE was great,we talked for hour about everything and everything else. had some good laughs.I just looked at the pictures that Gwen posted.I should have moved my truck so Nicholas cuold have parked beside us but we kinda expected a few more cars.But we understand how things happen,thats life,gotta do what you gotta do.We hope you all and many more can make it to the next on and the next one and so on.We had a great time,all the guys and their familys and loved ones were great down to earth people with the same craze about our cars.YOU TALK ABOUT SOME NICE MONTE CARLO SS's,Those guys had some sweet Monte Carlos' Both the aerocoupes were immaculate,beautiful cars.Scotts' 86 notchback was clean as a pin.I think Nicholas and I were thinkin alot on the eame lines as far as the look goes but Nicholas had the sound,his exaust to me had a nice sound to it and those wheels on a white car--SWEEEET !!!! Oh yeah,hey Jeff---Sorry about the giant hole in the wall !! HaHaHaHa. Can't wait to see ya'll again> TIM

In Loving Memory of Lt.James A.Johnson "I Love you dad."
78 Malibu Classic (Back-Half Drag Car)
70 SS Nova(Sons Car)
05 2500HD Silverado 4x4 Crew Cab

http://www.cardomain.com/id/renegadess
#173096 - 08/24/03 11:06 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
85_3car Offline
10+ Year
85_3car  Offline
10+ Year

Franklin NC
Well we just got back a few minutes ago . we stopped in greenville and picked up two aerocoupes before we left and we took my youndest brat to ride the go-carts . I have to agree everyone there was down to earth and about monte carlo's. I think we should make jeff the pres so he can take all the heat we create !!!! we have to get with paul and see if he can help in our endevour. jim

#173097 - 08/25/03 12:03 AM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
BLUE Offline
BLUE  Offline

VA
I kind of figured Jeff would be Pres. too.

Where the heck is he anyway?

2003 Mach 1 Mustang

*Pres. VAMCC *
#173098 - 08/25/03 08:38 AM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
Rebel87SS Offline
10+ Year
Rebel87SS  Offline
10+ Year

NC
He's only on Monday thru Friday, for some strange reason. I don't think I have ever seen him any other time.
You sure you guys didn't leave him tied up in the trunk of his car at the Ramada, did you??

And yes, he should be president. Someone has to be responsible, and those of us with children have already had our lesson in responsibility.

Gwen - SMCC member
87 Aerocoupe burgundy/burgundy, stock and stripeless
85 El Camino black & silver/burgundy, work in progress
95 Impala SS black/grey - new project
#173099 - 08/25/03 09:24 AM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
mannblk Offline
15+ Year
mannblk  Offline
15+ Year

NC
It was honestly the best time of my life this past weekend. You guys and gals were a pleasure to meet. Tim expressed it best when he said, "It doesn't matter if we have 5 or 500." I think we all had a great time. The Zoo was a great place for the kids to be able to feel welcomed and wanted. The other "kids" hung out in the lot just talking and looking. The steakhouse was a great idea too! As for the race... well. But I feel like I personally made friends that will stick together forever! And no, we didn't kill Nick! . ( I konw you were mad because you passed on tickets and missed out on the chance to see little Kurty win! ) Those that were in the room know the true story behind the name. \:D We had a bad storm at home Saturday night, so I hit the road early to get around the fences to see if they were down from trees falling. I wanted to hang around with you guys, but I also didn't want to wake anyone up early. (I hope you all understand) I'm glad everyone had a safe trip home and WE WILL be gathering.

Gwen... Thanks for the pics, they look great! Glad you could come and we all understood you having to go. The John Deere fit in perfect at a gathering in NC! I was really starting to worry about you Chris, I thought you might have had car troubles on the road. To all who were unable to make it, we understand. (Things come up that we have no control over.) You don't know what a great time you missed though!

I don't know about being president. I've never done anything like this before. I will do my best in whatever way I can to help this club "work". If that means being president, so be it. I feel like we are all on the same level and nobody is better than anyone else. With the solid group we had this weekend, I don't think we have anything to worry about. SMCC is going to be here to stay. Like Scott said, it all started with two guys in a McDonald's parking lot.

It only gets better from here! Had a blast y'all! We will have to do it again ... soon!

Sincerely,
The Hole in the Wall Gang

Jeff

I know I don't get there often enough, but God knows I surely try.
It's a magic kind of medicine, that no doctor could perscribe.
Jimmy Buffett One Particular Harbor
#173100 - 08/25/03 12:34 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
RenegadeSS Offline
RenegadeSS  Offline

U-N-the Rearview,Georgia
Can't wait til the next one! When is it?

70 SS Nova(Sons Car)

#173101 - 08/25/03 12:55 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
mannblk Offline
15+ Year
mannblk  Offline
15+ Year

NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Johnson:
My thoughts exactly!

Jeff

#173102 - 08/25/03 01:02 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
Scott_86SS Offline
Scott_86SS  Offline

What's everyone doing this weekend??? Paul, PM and let me know what it would take to get 5-6 of those. Thx.

#173103 - 08/25/03 01:18 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
mannblk Offline
15+ Year
mannblk  Offline
15+ Year

NC
I forgot about posting the link to the sticker that is under my 3rd brakelight. Hope this works http://www.montecarloss.com/about.html#stickers

Jeff

#173104 - 08/25/03 06:09 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
Spider_carb Offline
15+ Year
Spider_carb  Offline
15+ Year

Shady Valley, TN USA
Quote:

I left a little tidbit out of my first post. We'd all be remissed if we didn't thank Paul and everyone that keeps MonteCarloSS.com up and running. Without this board, noone would know anyone and we'd be driving "just another SS". Big thanks to you all for what you do.
So true!!! Thanks Paul!!!

#173105 - 08/26/03 02:19 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
mannblk Offline
15+ Year
mannblk  Offline
15+ Year

NC
Quote:
Originally posted by mannblk:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Johnson:
My thoughts exactly!
I know quite a few of us are talking seriously about attending the SCS in Virginia. I am definately interested in this! Now, do you guys want to try to have another gathering before winter comes or just shoot for next year. (Your input matters to us!)

Jeff

#173106 - 08/26/03 02:34 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
Scott_86SS Offline
Scott_86SS  Offline

I think we definitely need to have another one this year. I had too much fun to have to wait until spring. Plus, it'll give everyone that couldn't make this one a chance to meet each other and show off their cars, too.

#173107 - 08/26/03 03:47 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
RenegadeSS Offline
RenegadeSS  Offline

U-N-the Rearview,Georgia
I honestly don't think I could go to Va. on a weekend trip.I would have to have some vac. days too,which I don't right now.I sure as heck don't want to have to wait til spring.I say we get ahold of Jim and go to Greenville and whoop up on each other w/the go-carts or even go to Franklin N.C. Its beatiful up there.If we have something a little futher South I'll drive my 85 instead of trailering it.HA!HA!HA! I gotta admit though,my Z/71 pulled it just fine.Set the cruise on 75mph and back to Georgia we flew.Somebody in the hole in the wall gang throw something out there and lets get together in Sept. or EARLY October.I got tickets to the Oct.Race in Atlanta and I ain't missing this one!HA!HA! I'm glad I gave up Bristol tickets now! Wouldn't have gotten to trash Jeff's hotel room!!!!!---TIM

70 SS Nova(Sons Car)

#173108 - 08/26/03 04:55 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
RenegadeSS Offline
RenegadeSS  Offline

U-N-the Rearview,Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Gotamonte:
Quote:

I left a little tidbit out of my first post. We'd all be remissed if we didn't thank Paul and everyone that keeps MonteCarloSS.com up and running. Without this board, noone would know anyone and we'd be driving "just another SS". Big thanks to you all for what you do.
So true!!! Thanks Paul!!!
ABSOLUTLEY!! THANKS PAUL!!

70 SS Nova(Sons Car)

#173109 - 08/26/03 09:08 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
Spider_carb Offline
15+ Year
Spider_carb  Offline
15+ Year

Shady Valley, TN USA
Quote:
Originally posted by mannblk:
I know quite a few of us are talking seriously about attending the SCS in Virginia. I am definately interested in this! Now, do you guys want to try to have another gathering before winter comes or just shoot for next year. (Your input matters to us!)
Anyone thanking about heading up to the VAMCC BBQ?? It's only 200 miles from me. But it's also to early for me to make plans.

But meeting in Asheville is cool. I thank it is closer then Asheboro. Franklin, NC or the SCS in VA is possible, but not in the SS.

#173110 - 08/26/03 09:52 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
BLUE Offline
BLUE  Offline

VA
It's not my club, but I would suggest pulling an event as often as you can weather permitting. I am attempting to keep things running through the winter with my guys in any way I can. We were bogged at the beginning of this season due to people losing interest, overdue endings to projects such as engine swaps, and the constant rain. Now that I have this LATE start going, I'm going to keep it going.

If any of you can make it to any events here in VA (speaking of SCS and BBQ), it would be great! \:\) I really need some southern support for the BBQ especially, whether it's a club effort or not. I do understand that this is asking a lot, so don't worry about offending me with negative responses. ;\) Obviously in the future, as in next year, more care will be taken with larger event planning.

"Somebody in the hole in the wall gang throw something out there and lets get together in Sept."
Attempting a September event for your local club would be a great idea. I am trying to get a small event in locally for VAMCC in September as well.

Oh, and from my remote location, I nominate Tim Johnson as VP SMCC. hehe

2003 Mach 1 Mustang

*Pres. VAMCC *
#173111 - 08/26/03 11:18 PM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
NCMCSS Offline
NCMCSS  Offline

Charlotte, NC
The Carolinas Car Club Counsel is having a toy drive in December in Charlotte, Nc. It is at a place called Good O'le Days and they are sponsering?? this toy drive. I will try to get more details when I get them.

Also, they have a Cruise-In every saturday night at Sonic in Indian Trail, NC (south of Charlotte, NC. It is mainly an F-body event but it is open to anyone that wants to hang out and look at and talk cars. Sonic in on Hwy-74 (Independence Blvd) just South of Charlotte, NC.

#173112 - 08/27/03 02:43 AM Re: Southeastern Monte Carlo Club (SMCC)  
NJMonteCarloClub Offline
10+ Year
NJMonteCarloClub  Offline
10+ Year

Central NJ USA
Guys if you want we can set something up for EARLY 2004 were we (NJMCC, NYMCC, PAMCC, VAMCC, SMCC, DEMCC, NEMCC and Hopefully a MDMCC) can join together to host a MONSTER MONTE-THON... I think something centrally located would work best and maybe consider a weekend Event a hotel or large park would probably work best something with easy access and accommodations near by would be ideal. With early planning and needed support this could be HUGE!!! The NJMCC 2nd annual BBQ and show was plagued with bad weather and more importantly a BAD weather forecast and still had 40 Montes in attendance!!! With a possible coverage area of Maine to Florida and then west, just think of the possibilities!!! This would require a TREMENDOUS amount of work and dedication from all of the individual clubs involved. But the result could be mind blowing!!! If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please post and see if our growing network of MC clubs could support something of this magnitude!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mannblk, MC87SS, Scott_86SS 

Random Images
500/thumbs/Updated_Engine_Bay_Headon_Medium_.JPG
by 1NJIMID8TOR
611/thumbs/Thruster_in_park.JPG
by StripedSS
681/thumbs/no_trans_rear.jpg
by TPI Monte SS
500/thumbs/IMG_0711.JPG
by LT1SSJC
506/thumbs/100_0923.JPG