H
Hman415 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I have a 1985 Monte Carlo ss.
T-tops automatic console on the floor.
Coupe white with maroon interior.
Trying to figure out how many was made?
There’s sites out there but not pinpointed buy color or options and exc. any help guys?

Online Content
I don't think I've ever seen a color break down and not sure if gm even kept up with it by color but I could be wrong. I know they made 35,484 1985 monte carlo ss.

H
Hman415 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Gotcha. You would think Gm would have a break down.

M
20+ Year
20+ Year
M
Yes I've seen other other GM car forums where someone managed to get production numbers on now many such and such, got such and such option, in that year when the exterior color was such and such. No luck here.
Important option choices in 4th Gen SS were very limited each year. Exterior colors four for the most part of production, interior colors most years two, performance option maybe only posi or not, floor shift and console or bucket seats, or cruise. My guess from the few hundred 4th Gens SS I've seen most were heavily optioned. I think my 86 black with gray, was only short the posi and T-tops when the original owner ordered it.

Two big questions on how many got what was T-top, and stand-up or lay-down rear spoiler. Spoiler issue was an 87-88 Monte SS and Aero Coupe only debate. Don't think a number ever got put on that important question.

Here's production numbers from our forum's FAQ. Accurate, could be.
http://montecarloss.com/SS_FAQ_2.html#2

Bob

H
Hman415 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thanks for the info..
I have an 85 white with maroon.
T-tops console with buckets and posi.
With Cruise control. All original 1 owner 87k miles.

Administrator
20+ Year
Online Beer
Administrator
20+ Year
I wish we could have that data. GM has records but didn't keep it organized. If I had a ton of free time (retired or won the lottery, i.e. didn't work) and some money I'd be tempted to try and reach out and go through whatever records or pay for them and compile a database of options, colors.

In the meantime of me achieving that pipe dream you can use the SS registry on this site and search, it's obviously not going to be 100% accurate but with enough cars in there it should give you a rough percentage of how many are white, how many maroon interior, how many t-tops, etc. Select stock not modified if searching for the most accurate results.

The most unique thing it sounds like is t-tops, I think it wasn't available for the SS in 1985 until mid year (not positive). Also posi (G80) seems to be in much less than half these cars. Otherwise white, maroon interior and buckets/console are fairly common. No color combos are really unique IMO, maroon with gray interior probably the most unique but I've seen several 85's with this too. And the vast majority of SS's (besides 83' of course) are bucket seat cars. T-tops are much more common 86-88 in SS's.

-86'SS 383 CCC QJet- BRF 2004r-8.5" 3.42
-87'LS 350 MAF/SD TPI- CRF 2004r-7.5" 3.42
-81'Grand LeMans Safari Wagon 350 CCC Q-Jet/CZF 2004-r/8.5" 3.73
-07'TBSS Stockish daily driver
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Help MonteCarloSS.com

Recent Contributors
86BlackSuperSport
Authorized Vendors
Tell them you saw it
on MonteCarloSS.com!