MonteCarloSS.com
MonteCarloSS.com

CELEBRATING 20 YEARS!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Hi has anyone put these headers on an 86 ss. I need a no hassle set of headers real soon. Had a set of jegs ceramic headers that were supposed to fit but I would have to flatten a tube more then the already 1/5 " that I have already on the passenger side to fit by the lower control arm bracket, and I have already messed these up. I am in canada and already paid to have them shipped almost two years ago, and it would of cost more to ship them back so beat them up trying to get them to fit (got mad and well you know). Haven't been able to work on the car until now for reasons. The jegs also don't fit on the passenger side with the upper control arm bracket. Need something no hassle soon as I have to get the car out of the garage it is in now in a few weeks. The flowtechs are said to have hi heat paint, is it good enough or do I need to sand them down and use a good quality header paint, they all seem to burn off anyway. Anyway anyone info on these or suggest something else not too expensive as I have already spent too much already.
Thanks.

Last edited by betamaxman; 04/20/22 02:39 AM.

[Linked Image]
Linux user, 412309
M
20+ Year
20+ Year
M
Headers, everybody loves headers, NOT.
Finding ones that fit, don't leak, and forever happy with has been a problem forever.

My suggestion would be to take a look at Brent's Patriot header install done on his 305 SS and see if they may work for you.
http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1068550#Post1068550

It is this header on his car.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/pte-h8096
Bob

A year ago I installed those "Flowtect 11104FLT" headers on my bone stock 86 SS with few issues and great results!

The installation is an easy two-person job and I had only one issue. That issue was the need to relocate the oil pressure sending unit as it was touching the driver side header.

The results by far outweigh any issues I had because, the engines power output has been increased across its entire RPM range with roaring sounding exhaust! I'm able to light the tires up across an entire intersection and hurt the feelings of all import ricers.

If you'd like to install your headers and drive the car the same day you'll need these things; The headers, the hardware to plug the hole and relocate oil pressure sending unit, dual exhaust transmission crossmember, a complete dual exhaust system and a self-heating O2 sensor.

If you want to maximize the performance of your exhaust I recommend getting an exhaust system with an X-Pipe, you can't go wrong with that. Also, the headers do not have provisions for oxygen sensors so you'll have to drill a hole and weld on an '02 bung.

I fabricated my own crossmember and dual exhaust so I can't recommend which products to buy but if you complete that list I made above, everything should go smooth.

Good luck

L
L
tha
Originally Posted by mmc427ss
Headers, everybody loves headers, NOT.
Finding ones that fit, don't leak, and forever happy with has been a problem forever.

lol that's why i'm going with hooker sbc manifolds or trying to.

black 86 ss new gm crate L05 350 (for heavy duty trucks 87-95 200-210hp/ 300 TQ @ 2800 rpm), speedmaster (1-147-001) lowRise intake, jet performace stage 2 Qjet, delco vacuum advance distributor, everything else stock. I am formerly http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=471

Link Copied to Clipboard
Help MonteCarloSS.com

Recent Contributors
86BlackSuperSport
Authorized Vendors
Tell them you saw it
on MonteCarloSS.com!

Dixie Monte Carlo Depot
Mikes Montes