CELEBRATING 20 YEARS!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
20+ Year
Online Content
20+ Year
For budget build carb swaps with a relatively stock engine and mechanical fuel pump, I typically would splice in a filter where the line runs up the front of the engine. This isn't my picture, but something like this. Napa used to have a metal filter with 3/8" barbs and a paper element that was reasonable that I used, but can't remember the number - did a quick search and couldn't find it. The one in the picture below appears to be either a plastic Fram G3 or Wix 33003, which would probably be OK, I'm just not a fan of the plastic and especially not the glass filters.
[Linked Image]

If you want something quick, easy, effective, and cheap (until you could do something "better"), you could use the Fram G3 filter and splice it into the rubber line going to your carb - splice closer to the hard line. I wouldn't want that to be my permanent solution, but it'll do what it's supposed to do.

S
OP Offline
S
Appreciate all the good info. One of the things I’m working on now is replacing the belts (included a few pictures below). Im having trouble finding which one I need for my vehicle on Rockauto. Also replacing the radiator, thermostat and most hoses while I take everything apart. Figured I might replace the fuel pump and water pump too. Splicing in an edelbrock fuel filter too.

I can make out numbers on one of the belts: GM 14088983 UXU 5PK1 100 20-1199. Would love to replace both with AC Delco parts.

https://imgur.com/a/UppVgQQ

Last edited by steaksauce28; 09/17/22 01:20 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Help MonteCarloSS.com

Recent Contributors
86BlackSuperSport
Authorized Vendors
Tell them you saw it
on MonteCarloSS.com!

CustomMonteSSParts.com
Dixie Monte Carlo Depot
GSI Interiors
HRpartsNstuff