MonteCarloSS.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1057249 - 05/11/18 08:23 AM 87 Aero  
omgwtfdood Offline
omgwtfdood  Offline

Seattle,WA
hey guys, the dreaded time has come to let go of my precious gem =( i bought it 6 years ago in 2012 and put maybe 200 miles on it since. sadly i just dont have the free time to drive it like i thought i would so ive only just fired it up and driven around the block and or to get gas just handful of times a year maybe and nothing more.. anyways before i shame myself any further ill just get on with the stats

87 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
hard top with sun roof
White w/ Red Wine interior no stripes but has the SS badges
60/40 bench column shift
Power windows and seats and locks and mirrors
factory A/C
120k miles
3rd owner
built in the pontiac michigan plant
local west coast car entire life always lived within 30 miles from where it originally sold new.

Drivetrain:
has newer flowmaster exhaust. posi rear end. no fluid leaks at all, spotless garage floor. also fresh liquids for everything done in march. i was told by the second owner that he had the original stock motor and transmission rebuilt back in 2008 and put about 5k miles on it before i purchased it no paper work to confirm the rebuild though unfortunately it drives really strong so definitely seems like it though. but i think everything is original for the most part paint/body/drivetrain i checked numbers on most the outside stuff everything was original that i checked except a non original random q-jet carb that i think needs to be replaced or rebuilt maybe.. not sure but it started stalling out when going up hills the last year or so. not sure what the issue is it could be as simple as a new fuel filter or a vacuum leak idk havent got the time or the means to even take care of it anymore.. would be 9/10 for an original drivetrain without that issue though it pulls strong has alot of torque and the transmission works flawlessly i owned a 20k mile like new ss in the 90's and it shifts and pulls just like my old one. also has the stock maybe even the original suspension that has that same motion in the ocean feeling really drives with that nostalgia vintage monte carlo feel.. im gonna miss it..

Interior:
the dash looks brand new it is in very very good condition, all the plastic in the car is in good shape. some fading on top part of door panels. power drivers seat doesnt adjust at all i have replacement parts for it included in sale. steering column is a tiny bit lose lil wiggle and could use the upgraded replacement part is also included in the sale. has a small rust stain on passenger side carpet floor, i left a cheap wrench on the floor for a few months or so and it left a stain but it can be dyed out easily. other than that everything is in pretty good shape the pleather is very shiny and looks new. carpets good as well except for the spot. a fresh headliner. all the lights work in the cab and dash. speedometer and tac work perfect. the stock radio and speakers also work great.

Paint/Exterior:
needs cleaned badly!!! havent had time to wash or detail it inside or out in a couple few years and i have to pull it put when i mow the lawn so it gets dirty and it will clean up better than the pictures show, there is literally chunks of grass and leaves on it in the pictures.. paint is buff able and needs it but would need a good paint detailing first. has alot of chips around wheel wells area and around drivers door handle that are mostly just to the primer chips with no rust showing on them. there is a couple small rust spots that just showed up in the last few months behind the rear wheel well didnt notice till i took pictures appears to be surface rust. also has about 6 inch long thin surface scratch on the trunk lid that only just started to rust in spots within the last couple years or so very easy fix. there is also a few quarter inch surface scratches showing primer randomly on the body. and one single extremely small ding on the rear quarter panel it doesnt even show at all good luck trying to find it. but im listing everything and showing pics of everything because there just isnt much wrong. has light surface rust on the frame rails, undercarriage itself looks fantastic though no fluid leaks or rust at all. also has an after market pop up sun roof that needs to be resealed. leaks a bit if left out in weather for long periods. the windshield and rear aero window were resealed recently as well.

never wrecked drives super straight quite no squeaks or rattles...its a good car it was well maintained throughout its life both previous owners were older well off gentlemen. everything is there even got the original never used spare tire and car jack and the original owners manual.

only asking $7,500 because of the carb and the other issues as test driving would be limited i live in a very hilly area...

here is a an imgur link to an album of about 25 pictures of the car scroll down to the bottom to see all pictures.
https://imgur.com/a/VxlSXLQ

here is a youtube link of the car running and revving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w_EOVuKlV8

gonna be posting it in alot of places maybe even ebay so dont stall to long to contact me even if anyone on this forum is even remotely interested i will wait a bit you guys get first crack at it you can contact me here on this website in the post or thru instant messages or email me at chevyguy4419@gmail.com if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by omgwtfdood; 05/11/18 09:14 AM.

#1057252 - 05/11/18 01:02 PM Re: 87 Aero [Re: omgwtfdood]  
mannblk Offline
15+ Year
mannblk  Offline
15+ Year

NC
Nice looking car. Wish you weren't so far away. Logistically, just not going to work for me. Good luck with sale.

Jeff

I know I don't get there often enough, but God knows I surely try.
It's a magic kind of medicine, that no doctor could perscribe.
Jimmy Buffett One Particular Harbor
#1057264 - 05/11/18 11:15 PM Re: 87 Aero [Re: omgwtfdood]  
omgwtfdood Offline
omgwtfdood  Offline

Seattle,WA
Originally Posted by mannblk
Nice looking car. Wish you weren't so far away. Logistically, just not going to work for me. Good luck with sale.

i meant to put in the post that im going to be asking $7,500 on the internets but i would so much rather somebody here get it that i would be willing to take a price cut um id take $6,000 for you or anyone here to cover shipping if your interested i literally payed more than that for it and have put 1-2 grand into it though so cant go any lower.. ideally though it would be cool to keep it a local car but im not gonna wait forever to find that guy.
and thanks man i love it had a hard time clicking the submit post button to be honest. but its selfish to keep it monte deserves a better life and i know like me that its somebodys dream car obviously.
and yeah i had the same issue took me about 5 years to find a decent monte some what locally i drove to three adjacent sates several times chasing montes. there is a ton of montes on the east coast but its slim pickins over here in the west for some reason and the shipping just always made the cars over there not worth the price and having lived in the mid west/east coast/great lakes areas i know the salt they put on the roads slaughters the cars so fast that i wasnt that excited about getting one from those areas anyways. but yeh man please please please buy it, it deserves a good home. and you know maybe later on down the road you resell it to me when im retired and have free time again? =).

Last edited by omgwtfdood; 05/11/18 11:16 PM.

#1057265 - 05/11/18 11:27 PM Re: 87 Aero [Re: omgwtfdood]  
PB86SS/87LS Offline
Administrator
15+ Year
PB86SS/87LS  Offline
Administrator
15+ Year

New Berlin, WI
Very clean Aero and very fair price at 6k. Hopefully goes to a good home.

-86'SS 383 CCC QJet- BRF 2004r-8.5" 3.42 -313/344@RW - 13.35 @103
-87'LS 350 MAF/SD TPI- CRF 2004r-7.5" 3.42 -248/340@RW - 14.55 @ 96
-88'SS 350 CCC QJet - CZF 2004r-7.5" 3.73 Winter Beater/Future Parts Car?
-07'TBSS Stockish daily driver
[Linked Image]
#1057268 - 05/12/18 01:56 AM Re: 87 Aero [Re: omgwtfdood]  
86ttop Offline
15+ Year
86ttop  Offline
15+ Year

Brooksville, Fl
Same as Jeff, just too far away, Damn!!

Leo Paugh
It's not an attitude, it's just the way I am.
POW*MIA
You are not forgotten
If things improve with age, I must be approaching magnificent. thumbs
#1057333 - 05/19/18 01:48 AM Re: 87 Aero [Re: omgwtfdood]  
omgwtfdood Offline
omgwtfdood  Offline

Seattle,WA
wow SOLD cant believe it i found the guy! locally on craigslist total gbody head has a grand national a t-type regal couple montes and like idk a bunch of other rare gbody turbo cars that he was showing me. he showed up in a new bmw drove the monte around the block and paid asking price i only had it listed for 3 days. i already miss it but im just so happy i found a great home for it. and dont worry i still got my og 87 ss so i will still be around asking why is my ccc q-jet doing X questions. thanks for the support guys love this website and the monte community in general <3 <3 <3

Last edited by omgwtfdood; 05/19/18 02:47 AM.

Random Images
664/thumbs/top_plate_cover_201175838_std.jpg
by tomkat
500/thumbs/03-05-07_1653.jpg
by Bernie 1986 MCSS
500/thumbs/20150423_185359.jpg
by MANDS480
500/thumbs/Cruise_night.jpg
by NYmonteSS
510/thumbs/100_0297.JPG
by 85_SS
Help MonteCarloSS.com