MonteCarloSS.com
MonteCarloSS.com

CELEBRATING 20 YEARS!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#928700 - 04/19/12 03:48 PM DS Rear Brake and Blinker not working,please help!  
xxRicochet88xx Offline
xxRicochet88xx  Offline

Prescott Valley,AZ
For some reason all of the sudden, my drivers side brake light and blinker lights are not working. The front drivers side blinkers work fine with no fast pulse to indicate a bad bulb. The brake does not work either. I have tested at the rear plug and am not getting any power there, so I can only assume that the issue is up front someplace. I read a post on here with someone talking about the tilt steering wheel rubbing through the wiring. Would that cause this issue I am having? Because I use my tilt daily. It is just odd that the blinker and the brake are not working on one side of the rear. I replaced the bulbs and still nothing. As far as I can tell my wiring has never been hacked on, my car has 75,000 original miles. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

#929014 - 04/21/12 11:25 PM Re: DS Rear Brake and Blinker not working,please help! [Re: xxRicochet88xx]  
baaboo Offline
baaboo  Offline

Racine, WI
Did you check the harness in the trunk? There's a big bunch of them just under the carpet on the drivers side. Maybe one of those wires is loose or bad.

1987 Aerocoupe, 383 Super Ram and 20-gallon custom aluminum tank. Car retired (for now) from open road racing, but I'm not.
#929334 - 04/24/12 12:00 PM Re: DS Rear Brake and Blinker not working,please help! [Re: baaboo]  
tom demarco Offline
tom demarco  Offline

Burlington
sounds like your going to find some wires or plug in connectors green however you need power inside the light socket and a ground inside the light socket many people test behind the socket, my guess is bad bulb socket esp ground. use a DVOM and check continuity from back of socket to inside socket lots of info there

Good Luck

#931234 - 05/08/12 04:29 AM Re: DS Rear Brake and Blinker not working,please help! [Re: tom demarco]  
xxRicochet88xx Offline
xxRicochet88xx  Offline

Prescott Valley,AZ
Thanks for the info gentlemen. I have found the problem, it turns out the wiring harness in the steering column was the culprit. One of the wires was completely severed. I went ahead and ordered the blinker assembly and a new lever from dixiemontecarlo and its as good as new! Thanks again!

Random Images
500/thumbs/IMG_0398s.jpg
by Turbo5
500/thumbs/0051.JPG
by SSPARKY
1101/thumbs/87_Monte_Carlo_SS1.jpg
by Duster
500/thumbs/door_panel_1_.jpg
by Rodney
500/thumbs/th_ss004-1.jpg
by sstwotimer
Help MonteCarloSS.com