CELEBRATING 20 YEARS!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1018241 - 01/11/15 08:00 PM MCSS's Beginning of the End  
Ole Blue Offline
Ole Blue  Offline

Lugoff, SC
If a recent post I participated in which was in the "General Technical Discussion" is any indication, this site is at the Beginning of the End of a courteous, informal Message Board. This is the only such one I bother communicating in due to the quality politeness of practically every thread. I have only read, briefly to gage the tone, from probably 2 or 3 other vehicle sites such as MCSS and did not care to waste my time on them.

Before I registered and decided to participate on this site, for probably about 10 years I followed this site just to read the posts.

Since I appreciated that the site seemed like it was low key and the members courteous in the communications between each other is why I joined. Due to the fact of owning and maintaining my Monte Carlo and having worked for a major truck manufacturer, with a large part of that time diagnosing and repairing electrical issues as well as other functions, I felt if someone needed help on an electrical issue, etc. I could potentially help someone. Being able to help those who appreciated the Monte Carlo's to keep them on the road as well as learning something I may not have been aware of was my finally enough for me to join this site and continued to be.

My reason for not caring about the few 'comparable' sites I checked out was that I am a little older and don't care for all of the technology junk of today with all of the abbreviations you need to decipher or the rudeness it seemed is typical on the few sites I saw and in general how the majority of it seemed were younger and rude comments too often.

With that being said, after a recent new post I responded POLITELY with information as I feel I have always done as well as practically everyone here has done before. Unfortunately, the Original Poster decided he wanted to blow up since my reply wasn't according to what he/she wanted the rules to be for them. I will say that I continued to reply to this O/P's smart@#s remarks with what I consider polite, cordial responses considering. If this would have been a private in person conversation my replies would have been more of telling him/her where to go and what to do real quick.

If this is the future of communication on this site, then it is as I stated earlier, "The Beginning of the End" of a quality site. The younger generation can take over. It seems that is their style.
I can see myself to not bother replying to posts much anymore if at all let alone even following it if this looks like the direction of this site. There are enough sites out there like that and if that is how some people here are going to 'communicate', I personally don't need it.

As to member monsterjam5000, there is no need for a response from you here. Honor and respect what you want as your own rules by not replying here. As a note, looking back at previous posts you made, I can see that I took the time to try to help you out with a few problems and 1)you never followed through whether you finally got your problems fixed and 2)informing us what the problem ended up being for our future reference. If you feel like making any kind of statement, knock yourself out in a new post.

For me, if this is the new way, I won't bother being a part of it with my help.

#1018245 - 01/11/15 09:44 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
88ss408 Offline
10+ Year
88ss408  Offline
10+ Year

miramichi, NB
Ah man. Don't let one sour post or poster ruin your enjoyment of the forum.
This is a great place with great people. Lots of help.
I hope you can calm down and maybe return later. Don't leave because of 1 bad member.

1988 monte carlo ss 408 sbc
-----------------------------------------------------
1984 monte carlo cs 400 sbc
#1018246 - 01/11/15 09:51 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
mannblk Offline
15+ Year
mannblk  Offline
15+ Year

NC
I believe you are refering to the "oil filter" post. Don't let anything of the sort bother you. I locked the thread this morning. Honestly, it had pretty much reached it's potential and was in a downhill spiral. We strive to keep this site on a certain level. That thread was not anything of the sort... mostly from the responces of the OP being disrespectful toward others. At the same time, this world has grown used to such disrespect. Won't tolerate here. The post was simply locked and left as an example of how not to coduct yourself here. If it ain't broke, don't break it. No harm, no foul, just please refrain from stirring the pot and simply walk away from those who choose not to accept help when given. JMHO

Jeff

I know I don't get there often enough, but God knows I surely try.
It's a magic kind of medicine, that no doctor could perscribe.
Jimmy Buffett One Particular Harbor
#1018262 - 01/12/15 01:07 AM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
86ttop Online grandpa
20+ Year
86ttop  Online Grandpa
20+ Year

Brooksville, Fl
Well said everyone, I have been a part of this site for over 10 years and it is one of the two best I've ever been a part of, if you want to know the other site, www.chevelles.com is it. Plenty of people of all ages, but a lot of older folks like me.

I have worked on automotive systems for over 45 years and hope I've helped folks along the way.

I personally know a bunch of the folks here too, which is a good thing.

Leo Paugh
It's not an attitude, it's just the way I am.
POW*MIA
You are not forgotten
If things improve with age, I must be approaching magnificent. thumbs
#1018263 - 01/12/15 01:26 AM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
Onebadbowtie86 Offline
10+ Year
Onebadbowtie86  Offline
10+ Year

Traverse City Michigan
Just saw the thread you were talking about. That member sounds not so nice.I guess I know to stay out of his threads.

Dont worry, there are a lot of good members on this board.

'86 Monte carlo ss-Frame off resto-mod.
Ls2/t56/8.5"
#1018273 - 01/12/15 02:39 AM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
Jameson Offline
15+ Year
Jameson  Offline
15+ Year

Elizabeth City, NC
Ole Blue, Monster is abrasive and he creates threads with problems and doesn't heed the advice that is given nor does he EVER follow up with what he may have found wrong. Don't let him ruin the site for you, there is many more good people than bad here.

Honestly don't let one bad apple run you off from this site, I have been on here for almost 13yrs now and its a wealth of knowledge site and everyone has the answer to most issues. It has had its people come and go but I like the atmosphere here and the people.

Beside its a hell of a lot better then the Facebook pages with vague questions, minimal info, constant bickering and man hood swinging matches. I have already unliked a few of those do to it being so horrid.

1988 Monte Carlo SS Eaton 112 5.3/T56 swap, Way to many mods to list.
2015 GMC Sierra Denali

#1018286 - 01/12/15 08:13 AM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
00r1sc Offline
00r1sc  Offline

Jacksonville, NC
Ole Blue, like everyone else on here has said don't let that one guy get you off of this site. Besides if you do how will I be able to link up with you when I come visit my family right down the road from you in Lugoff.

I may take you up on helping me get my Monte ready for painting once I leave Japan!!!

"WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS ONLY COMMITMENTS"
"Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

It's better to be fast on a slow bike than slow on a fast bike!!
#1018291 - 01/12/15 12:55 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
LXXXIV SS Offline
LXXXIV SS  Offline

Lower Peninsula, Michigan
Just got done reading the thread.

Ole Blue, I commend you for taking the high road from start to finish. Maybe that's why this site is as good as it is. People like you taking the high road. smile

Chuck

#1018302 - 01/12/15 03:23 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
PB86SS/87LS Offline
Administrator
20+ Year
PB86SS/87LS  Offline
Administrator
20+ Year

New Berlin, WI
This type of behavior from some members comes and goes, it surely isn't the "beginning of the end". In the dead of winter especially cabin fever seems to set in with some people. Members come and go, bad and good, threads with bickering come and go and are fortunately pretty rare here, it's been over 15 years of this, nothing new. The sky isn't falling by any means wink .

Last edited by PB86SS/87LS; 01/12/15 03:23 PM.

-86'SS 383 CCC QJet- BRF 2004r-8.5" 3.42
-87'LS 350 MAF/SD TPI- CRF 2004r-7.5" 3.42
-81'Grand LeMans Safari Wagon 350 CCC Q-Jet/CZF 2004-r/8.5" 3.73
-07'TBSS Stockish daily driver
[Linked Image]
#1018304 - 01/12/15 03:54 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
oemtech Offline
10+ Year
oemtech  Offline
10+ Year

Jarrell, TX
Hang in there... I just celebrated my 73 birthday and have been around these forums since 1983. Back then it was nothing more than a msg list and we had the same crap go down. The only difference is it took longer to see what someone wrote.

The oil/oil filter thing comes and goes yearly it seems.

Last edited by oemtech; 01/12/15 03:54 PM.

Dale (AKA - Oemtech - Oemy)
[Linked Image]
83 Monte Carlo SS
My Monte Carlo SS Web Site
#1018319 - 01/12/15 09:11 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
JMonte7892 Offline
JMonte7892  Offline

Baltimore, MD
The lack of sentence structure and proper spelling in that oil filter thread is hurting my brain.

I can see where you are coming from though, ole blue. Why even make a thread only to get bent out of shape when someone gives you a logical answer that doesn't appeal to you?

Just take a deep breath and don't let it get to you.

Last edited by JMonte7892; 01/12/15 09:12 PM.

1983 Monte Carlo Sport Coupe [sold]
1984 Monte Carlo Super Sport [deathmatch with a Santa Fe]
1985 Monte Carlo Sport Coupe [frame-off in progress]
#1018320 - 01/12/15 09:15 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
The PC Surgeon Offline
The PC Surgeon  Offline

Salisbury Mills, NY
I subscribe to this notion: Idiot's, moron's and imbeciles provides endless hours of entertainment.
You Tube is full of them and sudden outbursts of laughter is contagious. That is the first time in a long time I have seen a thread go wayward like that. But take solace knowing we should be thankful when IMI's (Idiot's, moron's and imbeciles) reveal themselves. They look like the rest of us in disguise............Luckily they will never know how to use a cloaking device. We're SAFE!

#1018388 - 01/13/15 11:10 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
MecGen Offline
MecGen  Offline

Montreal Canada
Yes I know its a piss off at our age to listen to someone like that, I understand but don't take it too seriously, its the interweb.
If you think that was bad, what ever you do, do not- DO NOT, buy a Mustang and go on a Mustang site....you will run back here.

Regards

Space may be the final frontier
but its made in a Hollywood basement.
RedHotChilliPeppers.

1987 MCSS.- Sold
1984 MCSS.- Sold
1984 MCSS - came back smile
1995 Mustang 5.0
1965 Pontiac GTO
1969 Pontiac Firebird
#1018728 - 01/21/15 11:02 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
basemonte Offline
15+ Year
basemonte  Offline
15+ Year

Old Bridge, NJ
Another senior member of this forum hoping that you don't leave. Your knowledge is appreciated here by 99.9% of it's members

#1018742 - 01/22/15 03:16 AM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
Big3 Offline
10+ Year
Big3  Offline
10+ Year

Lancaster, Ohio
One of the reasons i left a few years back ... This has always been a great community ..

Just do what is best for you

87 MCSS Black w/Saddle
383 w/dart heads,Functional Goodmark hood.
700r-4, Gforce member,4.10s
1LE's w/Hotchkis uppers,2" drop & ZQ8's
#1018801 - 01/23/15 04:02 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
NC87AERO Offline
NC87AERO  Offline

Franklin, NC
Ole Blue, I check back here every so often even though I sold my Aero. Just curious to see how things progress. It is still one of the better sites overall. The LS forum and Mustang forum I have been a part of for many, many years is 'hit and miss'. You can't find one much better than this. I am currently on an AMC forum for my new 'collector' which is very similar to this one with mostly nice folks that are very helpful. Just ignore the bad apples that every site seems to have. Good luck with everything!

1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe - 19,000 miles - Burgundy SOLD
2001 Trans Am Convertible - Red w/ Taupe top
2007 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - White w/ Black top
1974 AMC Matador X
#1018815 - 01/23/15 07:16 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
Ole Blue Offline
Ole Blue  Offline

Lugoff, SC
All of the responses have been much appreciated. I know the extreme major majority of the folks on here are extremely polite, courteous and helpful on every subject that comes up on here. I guess that thread just hit me at a bad time. I can tell there are younger folks gaining interest in the Monte Carlos as well as being members and posting on this site, which is good and have not been disrespectful on the posts that I have read for the most part. Definitely not like the one that hit me the wrong way and was the reason for my original post on this thread. The other thread and the thought that this was possibly the path which we were going to go on here as newer, younger members join and post is not how or who I prefer to offer help or opinions to that might help someone solve a problem.

I would like to also take the time to offer my appreciation to all of the Administrators that take their time to make sure this site doesn't go in the wrong direction.

I do agree with everyone that responded that this is the best, low key forum to be able to be able to communicate on. Even on instances where there are disagreements on an issue, it is usually(actually practically always) related back and forth in a polite manner. I always did like the thought and phrase that "We can agree to disagree."

Also thanks to all that responded here for the input and views.
Having had my Monte since 1986 as well as others since , I have posted recently for the fact I have been viewing without bothering to login and a thread looked like someone needed help and it happened to be in a subject I know a little about, so I did offer them help, as you may have noticed.

#1019132 - 01/31/15 04:37 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
Hey-O Offline
10+ Year
Hey-O  Offline
10+ Year

St. Charles Mo
In the past, I have helped disarm some people who don't get it. This is the only site I visit and the only one I need. I will never stop posting here and I think your needed. This site is policed and those that stay know what they're talking about. I'll put the minds on this site against any other!!!!!!!!!!....Ulli beer

... " HEY - O " ... LET THE HORSES RUN

#1019135 - 01/31/15 07:44 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
Crusher Offline
20+ Year
Crusher  Offline
20+ Year

Jersey Shore
I don't post here much here anymore. Not for any specific reason. I guess I just don't have anything to say. But i wanted to post here. Ole Blue you need to take some of your own advice, "get over it already". Consider the source and move on. Adrians immaturity was evident in his posts towards the end and he is an obvious "know it all". So let him know it all and move on. Don't let one guy disrespect you and cause you to leave when so many more of us respect you and appreciate your input. We got your back....

1988 502/502
ProCharger SC
Fast XFI Fuel Inj.
637 RWHP 587 TQ
http://SSMonteCarlo.com
#1019277 - 02/03/15 11:32 PM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
Dalt10 Offline
20+ Year
Dalt10  Offline
20+ Year

Orlando,FL
As said earlier, consider the source. Life is to short to let a idiot stop you from coming to the site. Over all it's a great site. Don't let it bother you.

"Make the rules up as you go"
US Army 1977- 1981
101st Airborne 31st Field Artillary FT Campbell, KY
1/1 Cav 280th ORD Schwabach, Germany
#1019280 - 02/04/15 12:07 AM Re: MCSS's Beginning of the End [Re: Ole Blue]  
Stig Offline
Stig  Offline

Midlothian VA
There are very, very few members on this forum who are rude and can't seem to behave themselves. When there is someone who is obnoxious or rude and can't seem to post without starting an argument it's best to just ignore them. Admittedly ignoring someone does become difficult sometimes, but when possible I think it's the wisest choice. Just take the high road and metaphorically walk away.

Luckily members who misbehave are few and far between on this forum, unlike some of the forums that have a member base below 30-ish and can't seem to post without starting an argument in every thread they go in. Especially import forums like nasioc or my local states auto-forum VA Driven. And I say this as someone who is fairly young at 25.

85 Monte Carlo SS(Sold)
91 GMC Syclone (Sold)
95 Subaru Impreza (Sold)

Random Images
500/thumbs/MC_lowered.jpg
by tunit
500/thumbs/downsized_0402121841.jpg
by blkcharlotteman
852/thumbs/mont_and_road_runner_3.jpg
by PoorBoysRacing
1084/thumbs/1318197026021.jpg
by 87SSon6s