MonteCarloSS.com

STICKY: Junk Yard finds

Posted By: Dalt10

STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 08/05/07 12:42 AM

Post where the Monte Carlo, SS, Regals, Cutlass, Grand Prix, GN's, Malibu (G-body) parts cars are. It might help out some of us looking for parts.
I know there isn't many around anymore. But if there is it might help somebody in your area find what they need.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/05/07 12:44 AM

There are 2 regular Montes (82-86) at the LKQ yard on east 50 at the 417.
At the Upull It & Pay off Orange ave (Taft area). There is a 86 SS, 2 regular Montes, 1 78 or 79 Monte, 2 or 3 Cutlass
s, 2 or 3 Regals and 1 Grand Prix.
Posted By: BlueBoy84

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/05/07 01:18 AM

Those near northern KY, there are several CL montes, along with a number of other G-bodies at the U Pull & Save in Hebron KY...
Posted By: speeddemon

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/05/07 09:36 PM

I know of a 85 T type Regal and 80's Cutlass in Faribault MN and a 4 door Malibu in Spencer IA
Posted By: PB86SS/87LS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/05/07 10:10 PM

In Franklin WI (near Milwaukee) there is a large yard called Al's. Most folks know about it but in case not, they always have a fair to good amount of g-bodies. Pick and pull type yard, fair prices, lots of volume. I try to go every month or so just so I don't miss out on anything good \:\) .
Posted By: 85t5mcss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/06/07 01:00 AM

A friend just called and told me a yard in Southwestern Loiusville has rows og G-Bodies. About 30 total as well as a few 3rd gen F-bodies. Its not Amens junkyard, but is close to it. I'll get more details because I guess they have a call list as well. When the car comes in, they call u. Sweet.
Posted By: sslover85

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/06/07 01:33 AM

if you all look into these yards look and see if they have an elco or monte with an orange box taped to the harness on the driver's side under the dash. back in the day 93-94 when I had a 79 (my first car) all the yards had a bunch of g-bodies now the yards have non especially elcaminos.
Posted By: Derrick

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/06/07 02:12 AM

i have a bunch of g-body in my shop and behind my shop
Posted By: bkmonte87

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/06/07 03:44 AM

Maryland area check Crazy Rays u pick i always find at least a couple when ever i go.
Posted By: valvefloat ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/06/07 04:34 AM

In Benton Harbor, Mi theres a monte carlo for sale. Most of the interior is gone. I believe its an LS with an ss nose. it has a V6. Louvers have been cut into the hood. The car was primed. It has an aftermarket sunroof in it.
Posted By: 1BIGGUS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/06/07 06:42 PM

Cleveland area monte folks check with Red's All City in North Ridgeville (Case Rd.) I used to go to college out there and he always was bringing fresh montes into the yard. Kinda hard to get a hold of over the phone though.
Posted By: Monte83

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/17/07 02:18 AM

There are four Montes at RPM Enterprises in Thompson CT, and there are always acouple of g-bodies at Bates Auto Parts in Thompson CT. (But if you are looking for a dash at RPM, you won't find one, we bought those.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/17/07 04:18 AM

Derrick in Beaver Dam does hog all of the SS parts cars around Wisconsin ;\) .
Posted By: kaz

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/22/07 06:32 AM

i have yet to Find a single car at a junkyard in Jersey They say that the cars are too big to keep around here cause there not a nuff room for them.... Piff
Posted By: ff1985ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/23/07 08:48 PM

There's a silver '85 CL Monte at the Pick A Part in Mesa, AZ. They had a few other G-bodies as well, mostly Cutlas if I remember.
Posted By: BullittSS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/26/07 06:38 AM

There's 2 or 3 SCs (82-85) WAY in the back of GW Pierce located in Muncie, IN. plus a few Grand Prix's, a few cutlass and regals off to the far left toward the back. If you you go, or call, ask for Mike or Tiny. The owners name is Doug.

FYI
There is a Turbo Buick 231 engine less turbo sitting in the motor pile also. It may need rebuilt, but it still has ALL the factory wiring.
Posted By: bodean

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/30/07 12:25 AM

1 Monte Carlo sc at smallys junkyard near ohiopyle pa. 2 ss el camino's at star auto salvage near west newton pa. 1 Monte carlo SC at seighcrest auto in Dawson pa
Posted By: Losi Runner

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/31/07 01:44 AM

in nj there is a junkyard that has atleast 2 monte's and a few cutlasses. i went there today and pulled some valve covers. it's called i belive baileys, i might be wrong, but it starts with a b, and its off cr537 in central jersey north hanover twp
Posted By: 84ss_stock4now

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/05/07 04:53 PM

there are 3 ss montes and numerous ls and cutlass's in southern indiana at negengards in versailles ind. off 129 and a couple of minutes from highway 50
Posted By: GregO

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/15/07 06:37 PM

There's an 88 LS in a Chuck & Eddie yard in New Haven, CT.
LG4, Blue interior with buckets & console.
Tails are also good.
Posted By: axisg

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/18/07 05:18 PM

Toronto Canada
Standard Auto wreckers had a
-'78 Cutlass Brougham Diesel with a posi and the bydro boost brake booster anbd a good black pinstripe interior
- 86 Regal Bench seat decent body
- 4 door mid 80's cutlass
- 2 Cutlass Supreme
All the cars had bench seats as i am looking for console parts for my monte
Posted By: POWEREDbyCHEVY

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/08/07 07:11 AM

Last time I was there {a few months ago}A1 junkyard in johnson city TN had a 83 or so regal it had good bumper filler panels that is hard to find in great condition.
Posted By: Lingam

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/11/07 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: POWEREDbyCHEVY
Last time I was there {a few months ago}A1 junkyard in johnson city TN had a 83 or so regal it had good bumper filler panels that is hard to find in great condition.

Any other good junkyards out your way? Nashville has gotten rid of everything but 90's and newer.

Thanks

Lingam
Posted By: Lingam

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/11/07 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: 85t5mcss
A friend just called and told me a yard in Southwestern Loiusville has rows og G-Bodies. About 30 total as well as a few 3rd gen F-bodies. Its not Amens junkyard, but is close to it. I'll get more details because I guess they have a call list as well. When the car comes in, they call u. Sweet.

Where is this junkyard? It is only 3 hours away from me and I would make the drive to pull good parts for my MC's. Thanks

Lingam
Posted By: POWEREDbyCHEVY

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/11/07 09:46 PM

Most yards here are 90s and newer because of high scrap prices.
Posted By: crazyhorse1983ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/12/07 09:53 PM

Sweetwater,Tennessee has a bunch of g-bodies. This; according to Jason (Sawmillman). I plan on visiting this weekend.
 Originally Posted By: Lingam

Any other good junkyards out your way? Nashville has gotten rid of everything but 90's and newer.

Thanks

Lingam
Posted By: QuickSSilver

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/18/07 02:44 AM

uhoh...im movin to tennessee soon and so far Ive found that there are practically no cars on craigslist there and now that they have crushed all of the old cars in junkyards. Is it nice there for car guys or not?
Posted By: 1meanss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/18/07 07:59 AM

were at in tennessee im in kingsport great for car guys no problem on montes
Posted By: carloss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/21/07 09:36 PM

At Ralph's on Mitchell Island in Vancouver they had 2 Montes, a couple of Regals and at least 5 Cutlass's when I went on Saturday.
Posted By: crazyhorse1983ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/22/07 04:23 AM

The cars you find here will not be on Craig's list or any other forum. They are resting in remote country junkyards; some are not even in the yellow pages. Quite often these are simply "drop" yards. The cars will sit there for 2 weeks or maybe years. The good part is that they are often not touched or picked apart. Russelville Tennessee has one that is closed because Pa died and the kids don't have the time to help any more. It has 2- 56 chevy wagons several 57s, Big block engines. 16 acres. They are negotiating with a Salvage Company for scrap rights. You will not find these cars on any list. They are all over America, not just at the MAIN junkyards. uhoh?
 Originally Posted By: QuickSSilver
uhoh...im movin to tennessee soon and so far Ive found that there are practically no cars on craigslist there and now that they have crushed all of the old cars in junkyards. Is it nice there for car guys or not?

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/27/07 02:53 PM

There's about 10-15 G-Bodies at Henry's Auto Parts in Blackstone Mass.
Posted By: FiremanIFD

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/30/07 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: crazyhorse1983ss
Sweetwater,Tennessee has a bunch of g-bodies. This; according to Jason (Sawmillman). I plan on visiting this weekend.
 Originally Posted By: Lingam

Thanks

Lingam

where is sweetwater , tn, i will be in springhiil, tn at the first of the year and i want to see if i am close.
Posted By: bug

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/31/07 11:30 AM

sweetwater is up around knoxville, and springhill is around nashville. about 4 hours one way.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/31/07 06:51 PM

thanks, to far to drive.
Posted By: tonys57chevy

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/31/07 07:08 PM

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/04/07 01:58 AM

todays car show was held in a old car junk yard here are some montes in the bone yard

Posted By: juniormarsh

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/09/07 02:54 PM

there is a junk yard in avenel nj called T&E and they let you walk through and pick your own parts. they usually have a good amount of g bodies around the yard. they have monte carlos and cutlass supremes
Posted By: SSPARKY

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/13/07 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: tonys57chevy

^^^^^ Tony's backyard^^^^^

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/23/07 10:47 PM

2 Montes, late 80's Grand Prix, a few Olds and a 85 T-Type in the Upull it and Pay behind the airport (OIA). T-type still had leather int and non posi 8.5 in it.
Posted By: baaboo

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/25/07 06:16 AM

Any Aerocoupes?
Posted By: Mnt86ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/04/07 10:39 PM

In salsbury MA, The junk yard " salsbury auto salvage " Has a 1985 Monte carlo ss with most parts still there, and a 80 sumthin grand prix, also with most parts still on it.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/08/07 12:16 AM

[quote=tonys57chevy]todays car show was held in a old car junk yard here are some montes in the bone yard

[img]
where is this car i need that back piece of trim , help

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/08/07 01:15 AM

i been too sick on and off to get to the place to buy the car. i been home sick
Posted By: Groundpound

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/20/07 03:17 AM

Would love to see G bodys in the yard here. But like Poweredby says scrap prices.
Posted By: f14dmechanic

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/23/07 03:17 AM

There are a couple of Monte SS's at Always Used Auto Parts in Chesapeake, VA. At least there was about 2 months ago... they were there a little over a year ago so I am assuming they are still there.
Posted By: Gump

Re: Junk Yard finds - 01/11/08 11:12 PM

There are 2 g-body monte's in the u-pull-apart in Milan IL.
Posted By: Leroy

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/13/08 07:20 PM

2 Monte carlos, 1 SS black, 1 LS white @ this little pull & pay in Bithlo, across fromt the circle K
Posted By: Charlie lamb

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/21/08 04:11 AM

im wisconsin, gibsons slvage yard has about 15 or more G-body cars, along with even more F-bodies
Posted By: Condore21

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/24/08 06:21 AM

In jackson, nj at a place called Child's they have an 87-88 maroon MCSS. I got the rear spoiler off of it, it still had the body panels, interior/dash, engine, rear in it. This was well over 3 years ago though. If anyone has heard of Texas Rd in Morganville, NJ, they are loaded with junk yards. Check this link from my grand prix club for a list of junk yards in NJ. http://www.jscgp.com/viewtopic.php?t=524
Posted By: jenifuriouSS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/29/08 02:02 AM

Hey boys. Not really junkyard related but there's a ton of sweet MCSS's on Craigslist for northern & central Jerz and Long Island. Found an 87 aero coupe for $5k and a bunch of other nice lookin montes for under $3k. The number for the aero is (732)521-4115.
Posted By: Demon Monte

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/20/08 09:13 PM

Maryland you also can check Redmond's auto part, ez pickins, and smitty's.
Posted By: 87 MONTE SS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/22/08 10:14 PM

D/FW metroplex auto city salvage 972-286-9999 good front end head/tail lights good glass Hood okay don't know about interior Seen on craglist. Would be good parts if wanted convert to SS.
Posted By: bodean

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/30/08 10:23 AM

Losko's salvage yard in Brownsville pa, 4 monte carlo's complete, one even has a decent dash. the owner said $35.00 for it, this is 40 miles south of pitts. pa on old rt 40
Posted By: redlineSS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/30/08 11:43 AM

Bodean, Ask him to throw them on a trailer, and take them to the Monte NATIONALS in Greensburg Pa. in June. Hundreds of us will be there, and he will probably sell ALL the parts?? Just an idea!

Dave
Posted By: chub406

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/14/08 09:17 PM

i have an 86 grand prix for sale. great running 305 4bbl and 2004r. 76,000 miles. rust on quaters and doors. looking to trade for a g-body or sell. i seen a few on this thread. where are the near iowa ones? thanks!

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/31/08 12:46 AM

Where is the junkyard in sweetwater? Can't find any info online...
Posted By: sawmillman

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/31/08 01:35 AM

In sweetwater tn?

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/31/08 01:47 AM

yessir
Posted By: gbodydude496ci

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/21/08 12:03 AM

i found a pontiac gran prix gtp.the one like the monte aero coupe. it is an a junk yard here in ft.myers,fl. i have pull a lot of parts from it. if any one need a part,i can pull it.just pay me for the part and shipping.
Posted By: Jameson

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/21/08 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: gbodydude434ci
i found a pontiac gran prix gtp.the one like the monte aero coupe. it is an a junk yard here in ft.myers,fl. i have pull a lot of parts from it. if any one need a part,i can pull it.just pay me for the part and shipping.

thats a 2+2, try to grab the back window if u can... should pull some money from it.
Posted By: Big E's 83SS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/22/08 05:30 AM

Is the rear end still in tha pontiac gran prix? See how much they want for it? thanks
Posted By: 87SS_inVa

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/05/08 02:28 AM

found on Ebay Mr.chevelle1 ( the G body shop ) in walkerton indiana, clams to have over 50 montes they are parting out.574 586 9446
Posted By: Gary

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/21/08 12:12 PM

Hey if any of you guys are out in the junk yards and you come across a t-top car i need the passenger side chrome piece that the t-top locks into with the nylon bushing that bolts to uppe windshield post i will gladly pay you for your efforts

need one

thanks
Posted By: Jr Mint

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/21/08 02:18 PM

There is a true ss in Red and Black Junkyard in Jamesburg New Jersey thats not terribly ripped apart, i believe it is a bench seat with a column shift but i'm not posative.
Posted By: 305ho

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/22/08 04:47 PM

Plazec auto wreaker in Caistor-Centre (just south of Hamilton Ontario) has a 86 MCss T-Top with full interior,consol seats headliner hood fenders t-tops Interior is burgandy.
Posted By: GearedSS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/22/08 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: 305ho
Plazec auto wreaker in Caistor-Centre (just south of Hamilton Ontario) has a 86 MCss T-Top with full interior,consol seats headliner hood fenders t-tops Interior is burgandy.

whats the body like? you should grab that stuff up.
Posted By: Jerryjsp

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/27/08 09:18 AM

Who can help me get some interior parts from this car? Here in Poland it's impossible to find those.I also checked e-bay but didn't find any of those.
What I need is:

Please PM me if U can help me get those.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/27/08 05:21 PM

Called them and those parts are gone or no good. Sorry

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/31/08 05:39 PM

I went to the junkyard today. There is a mid 70 to early 80 trans am with 2 GTA rims on the back.
I pulled 2 GTA rims and 2 GNX rims off of a Nova today at the same junkyard.

that what they look like.
Posted By: GearedSS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/31/08 08:18 PM

awesome find. what did you pay for them?

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/01/08 06:06 AM

for the 4 i paid $156.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/02/08 01:41 PM

Went and checked out this car yesterday, It is now stripped down to just a shell. all that is left is frnt bucket seats no rips, hood ,trunk lid ,most interior panels some broken. sail glass ,front window, drivers fender and pass door.all the window trim removed and in the trunk. The car was silver, I went to get the steering box but it has so much play in it for $150 I left it there. Might go back and get the seat though.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/02/08 02:13 PM

87 Monte LS at LKQ on Colonial. Doors are rusted but lots of blue interior parts there. Most of the car is there.
Posted By: mikeasis

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/02/08 05:00 PM

any junk yard hunters out there find me these trim peices id sure appreciate it,i really need the right front but would buy all 4.just shoot me a pm and let me know the cost. the local salvage yards here dont keep older cars, if something comes it its pretty much crushed right away....

Posted By: 86lt1mc

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/03/08 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: mikeasis
any junk yard hunters out there find me these trim peices id sure appreciate it,i really need the right front but would buy all 4.just shoot me a pm and let me know the cost. the local salvage yards here dont keep older cars, if something comes it its pretty much crushed right away....

Good luck man. I've been looking for years.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/08/08 02:20 AM

Local yard just got in a 87'LS, white with saddle interior...bare bone options car (I think just A/C and the middle 4 gauges) and its a bit rough. Bench seat with manual windows, I know many interior peices were filthy or broken(dash and drivers side upper door panel) but there might be some odds and ends there worth taking and I know the color can be desirable to some. Car is also has a 4.3TBI, or did when I was there. Sometimes motors get yanked before they enter the yard but most likely not in this case.
Posted By: basemonte

Montes in Junkyard Sighting, Central Jersey - 11/08/08 07:32 PM

Over at my local junkyard, 2 gen 4 Montes side by side, a gold pre '86 square nose Landau and a 'silver '86 SS.

The square nose had totally rust free doors and skins appear very straight, oval mirrors still attracted, p/w and locks.

The SS has straight sheet metal, but did not check for rust and did not check the condition of the doors.

Both cars are missing dash boards, the seats are gone on the SS, it had buckets, maroon color , but are still in the gold square nose. The seats are beige, 40/60 and in very nice condition. The door panel are also still intact and in excellent condition.

Central Jersey, PM me for directions.
Posted By: Kye88SS

Re: Montes in Junkyard Sighting, Central Jersey - 11/08/08 07:38 PM

Pick those babe's up

lol i wish i had the money for another one

Re: Montes in Junkyard Sighting, Central Jersey - 11/08/08 08:00 PM

where tony where lol

Montes in Junkyard - 11/15/08 03:46 AM

I went to the junk yard today and something told me to bring my tools. There was a SS Monte there with a good front nose, and it looked like someone just put it on to cause there is no paint on it and no sratches on it. I'm going back tomorrow to check the rearend out and to take a couple more things off.
The monte is at Crazy Rays on Washington Blvd. for the people who know where it is.
Posted By: 87MCarloSSBeast

Re: Montes in Junkyard - 11/15/08 11:53 PM

In tomah wisconsin at shaw's salvage, there is 1 1979 Monte Carlo(mostly complete), 2 80's Grand Prix(mostly complete), 1 cutlass Supreme(mostly complete), 1 4x4 Cutlass Supreme (no motor, no trans), 1 80's El Camino(no engine, no front clip, pretty bare but still some good parts) 3 70-72 Monte Carlos (somewhat complete), lots or camaros, 2 firebirds (1 with 3 original rims, 3 90's monte carlos (mostly complete), 1 2000's Monte Carlo(rolled but there are still some good parts) and much much more. Just in case you were needing something.

Re: Montes in Junkyard - 01/07/09 07:38 AM

Anybody else find anymore cars?
Posted By: 86MCSSX2

Re: Junk Yard finds - 01/20/09 07:49 PM

Most of the g-bodies are being turned into race cars here in Wv.But i have been blessed lately enough to buy 4 ss montes and a 9000 orig mile LS monte in the last 3 months.I do try to travel the bac roads aroud here to look for them as well.
Posted By: 83montecarlo632bbc

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/06/09 04:59 AM

86 grand prix in the bone yard in carter lake iowa

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/25/09 12:58 AM

i just located an 88 ss light roll over in a yard and i put an offer on it just so i can have it as a parts car

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/25/09 04:26 AM

Tomah eh? What brought you up there for a junkyard? laugh

Nothing new by me, g-bodies aren't as common in the yards as 4-8 years ago but they still come in here and there.
Posted By: The_Madness

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/09/09 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: bodean
1 Monte carlo SC at seighcrest auto in Dawson pa

A guy I know said they used to have 2 ROWS of Monte Carlos when he went to look for parts for his '79 dirt track car. Apparently, they've crushed a few since then. Also, Sechrist got bought out a little while back. Can't remember the new name.
Posted By: AndreB

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/09/09 09:44 PM

i was jes in tomah....the junkyard is 20mins away..its in a town called warren

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/14/09 02:02 PM

Local yard has a Celebrity Eurosport with the MCSS style steering wheel, in burgandy. Any interest to anyone? Center cap reads Eurosport unfortunately, looked in ok shape. Not sure if its worth pulling or not.
Posted By: msh1987

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/19/09 11:33 PM

hey they t-tops do they have any decent center rails for a reasonable price I need one was just laid off want to get car finished before my last day off work mad
Posted By: 79T-Tops

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/28/09 07:27 AM

There is a white 80's buick regal at Sam's Auto in Fridley, Minnesota
V6 it was pretty clean, other then the interior is mostly gutted now.

and

1982 Cutlass at East Bethal, Minnesota U-Pull-R-Pars

Enjoy
Posted By: 79T-Tops

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/30/09 06:12 PM

1984 Buick Regal and 1983 Cutlass at Rosemount, Minnesota U-Pull-R-Parts

Going out there today if anyone needs anything.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/04/09 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: PB86SS/87LS
Tomah eh? What brought you up there for a junkyard? laugh

Nothing new by me, g-bodies aren't as common in the yards as 4-8 years ago but they still come in here and there.

My dad lives at fort mccoy i lived up there for 6 months. Dad says all the g-bodies were crushed which is too bad! They wouldnt sell them whole.
Posted By: KissMy85ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/10/09 05:48 AM

Here is a link for a 85 SS CLONE in Eugene, Oregon
For $250.00!!!!!
Has T-tops and interior!
I would get it but I dont have room :o(

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/1095422385.html

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/12/09 03:17 PM

In Maryland at Washington Blvd Crazy Rays on Route one. There is a 86SS in the yard in good shape, a 80 I think monte, 78 El Camino bucket seat car.
Posted By: WestCoastMonteSS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/16/09 11:44 PM

Theres a couple of pick a parts in Stanton, Anaheim, and one in Santa Fe Springs off the 5 Freeway with a couple of Monte Carlos not SS that have been mostly raped of absolutely everything. Not that many in SoCal area.
Posted By: Dan The Man

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/18/09 01:30 AM

any body with 85 monte carlo ss parts let me know i will buy i have a big project ahead of me
Posted By: malibu79

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/03/09 11:17 AM

found a couple montes doing a run next thursday if you want some parts let me know not into shipping large items only small stuff will try to do door panels just would require time to get boxes etc
Posted By: SStolen85SS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/24/09 05:34 AM

Rossi auto salvage, in King of prussia pa has a burgandy 87 SS with good body panels and a good rear spoiler call 610 265 0643 ask for Rocco.
Posted By: 83montecarlo632bbc

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/29/09 03:27 AM

3 monte carlo ss's 86 and under, 2 sc's and a ls all front clips are gone but have 95 percent of the interior in them in omaha nebraska at u wrench it, 1 sc with broken ss nose, no airbox though at u-pull it in omaha nebraska on 60th. ,the guy at u wrench it is bringing out 5 monte carlos 2-ss's and 3 sc's this wednesdat from there storage yard, he says they have 30-40 monte carlos in there storage yard, some are being sold as complete cars with salvages titles, i think they are asking way too much for them though, they also have a choochoo elcomino that is stripped but has the fenders and doors on it

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/29/09 05:34 AM

I might have to run to omaha!
Posted By: dg838

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/02/09 12:02 AM

Gibsons Salvage in Wisconsin, these cars are stripped to nothing. I go about once a month looking for any SS parts. No SS in this junk yard, There are Monte Carlo CL 1 1987, 1978-1982, more cutlass and buicks than anything. Call ahead.
Posted By: mr84ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/10/09 01:25 AM

its a couple of ss in a yard in ga. the guy want alot for the parts though

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/12/09 04:55 AM

Theres a t-top 80's grand prix at a junk yard in Maryland. Everything is still there but the handles for the t-tops.
Posted By: zz485ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/12/09 02:00 PM

I went to a few junk yards here in ma jacks http://www.usejack.com/ in Billerica, MA 01862.They had one ss Blue on blue with 2 cars sitiing on top of it.and http://www.hollandusedautoparts.com/ they had 3 ss and everything was gone in 2 of them and one was burnt.
Posted By: Big C

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/02/09 02:33 AM

Please let me know if any one finds a back glass, heated, for the 1987 aero coupe, any help is appreciated.
Posted By: AndreB

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/30/09 03:30 AM

So i went to SHAWS AUTO and SALVAGE in Tomah,Wi. It was the land flowing of MILK and HONEY. I went straight back and saw nothing but camaros,at least 5 3rd gens, hoping to find a 4th gen. I saw 1 78 monte and another g-body. They let me look around for about 5mins since they were closed. I will try again on monday. I saw a few 90s caprices and 1 el camino. I was so happy, i forgot what the hell to be looking for. what da hell should i be looking for? lol. I was only in 1 section, but the place looked pretty big and not as picked over. That 78 monte looked complete on the inside. i have a 85, so im not sure what i can use from a 78, and not sure what i can use from the camaros other than electric side view mirrors. Im sure i can find a EFI or TBI set up somewere there. I have to get my list ready. What should i be looking for?
Posted By: roconn1389

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/01/09 05:44 PM

Anyone know were some part MCSS in the Oklahoma area North TX, South KA, West AR, Southwest MO?

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/18/09 06:14 PM

There is a 7.5 posi in a 4dr cutlass at crazy rays in jessup md
Posted By: miker82

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/06/09 04:35 PM

Hey just a note. I was at a new salvage yard over the weekend and came across a 84 or 85 Monte SS. Look pretty clean. The only damage I could see was the front nose piece was hammered.May be a good parts car for someone in the Houston area. I will get the phone # if anyone needs it.
Posted By: cj84ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/12/09 03:25 AM

Got a good score friday. Got a grand prix front frame brace (finally) another jeep steering shaft and a camaro license plate bracket. The best part all for $17. Have the day off tomarrow, might go back and see if I can find anything else.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/20/09 08:38 PM

I found a 87 LS yesterday at a junkyard. The front looked like it was ran over but everything was good. I'm going back tomorrow to pull the dash out(the dash has no cracks on it).
Posted By: Remyline SS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/23/09 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: miker82
Hey just a note. I was at a new salvage yard over the weekend and came across a 84 or 85 Monte SS. Look pretty clean. The only damage I could see was the front nose piece was hammered.May be a good parts car for someone in the Houston area. I will get the phone # if anyone needs it.

Yes Mike please , I am in need OF A driver side fender for 85 SS. Thanx in advance bro
Posted By: BladeOfAnduril27

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/07/09 08:53 PM

There is an 85 or 86 Monte (non-SS) at Harry's U Pull It in Pennsburg PA. The interior is gutted but it seems to have good fenders, glass and such. The engine and trans are still there (v6). And the body seems to be mostly rust free. There is some surface rust on the roof. They also have a Cutlass, not sure if the year though.
Posted By: 88cutlass350

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/15/09 02:53 AM

i am parting out an 84 SS Mint fenders, lots of interior parts, no motor, Fiberglass cowl hood etc Pm me with neeeds
Posted By: richan

Re: Junk Yard finds - 01/24/10 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By: roconn1389
Anyone know were some part MCSS in the Oklahoma area North TX, South KA, West AR, Southwest MO?

I'm up that way from Little Rock to see my girls in Chouteau every now and then. What parts are you looking for? We have a few G bodies in the local U-Pull-it.
Posted By: ls1_monte

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/07/10 05:34 AM

If anyone comes across the mounting bracket for the clutch resevior (sp?) off a 92-93 camaro, i'm needing it shoot me an email

thanks
Josh

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/05/10 05:14 AM

Posted By: Remyline SS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/05/10 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: roconn1389

X2
Posted By: DC87Monte

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/12/10 01:07 PM

looking for console for 87 monte in Richmond ,Va. area
Posted By: DUTIGARA

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/07/10 03:09 AM

parting out 86 ss shoot me a pm and get it out

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/08/10 11:20 PM

Ok so these arent really junk yard finds but just a few that i found on my journey for work. ok there is about 2-3 sitting in Youngwood,Pa on 119 just before you get into greensburg,Pa they are silver.There in Delmont,Pa on Business 66 at a body shop sits a few G-body cars at least I know of an 80 Cutlass there

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/09/10 10:23 AM

also just outside of Indiana,pa going towards Clymer,Pa theres a lilte salvage yard there I seen as I was passing a 81-88 g-body as I just caught the glimpse of the Quarter glass and the in the Mahaffey,Pa area aaaaaaaaai know this isnt a MC or a g-body but there sits a 68-72 chevy Nova at an intersection looks to have slicks on the back and it has a prostreet hood scoop on it sitting there in a parking area near nothing,no house no store nothing (might try to see if its available next time i'm there)
Posted By: mpowell

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/24/10 05:07 AM

Anybody know of Monte Carlo SS's in Texas? or Louisianna
Posted By: DFWMalibu

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/25/10 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By: mpowell
Anybody know of Monte Carlo SS's in Texas? or Louisianna

I seen one yesterday on craigslist but forgot where in Texas it was...

Chris K.
Posted By: 84MonteSSNC

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/28/10 07:49 PM

Found a White 84 MC, a couple other gbodies in Winston-Salem, NC at 109 U-Pull-IT. 84 had a nice burgundy interior. I will probably be going back to get some more parts.
Posted By: 1986bluemonte

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/07/10 06:07 PM

If you are in the SE MN area, Dillon's Auto Salvage, located between Byron and Rochester, has some montes & malibus or at least the last time I was there they had a couple. Most picked thru, do the Dirt track racing. They have a kind of a big yard so they all sorts of vehicles.
Posted By: tall t-top

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/13/10 07:21 PM

Pick-n-Pull in south San Antonio TX has LOTS of the varous G- bodies in various stages of dis assembly. I go at least once a month. They are scattered around but there are a bunch there.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/09/10 09:58 PM

A pick-n-pull in Mt. Airy. There is a 87 LS with a good front-end on it, a good gray dash with one crack on it. There are a bunch of old 50-60 ford, chevy, and vw trucks and cars in the yard and two Amc 1968-70 cars in there too.
If you want the address to the pick-n-pull just massage me.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/29/10 02:56 AM

there is a bunch of gbody's at morgan highway auto parts in scranton,pa.there number is 570-343-8282.you can p m me and i can check to see if they have what you are looking for.
Posted By: skip

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/27/10 12:54 AM

i could use taillights and extensions for 87-88 if anybody comes across a set and willing to ship

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/27/10 02:49 AM

hey pm jaywos he has a set of extensions for like $30 ship.just tell him gbodydude told you.
Posted By: benen

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/27/10 03:04 AM

looking for SS front nose, air box, etc. andything that has to deal with the front

PM me
Posted By: skip

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/28/10 02:29 AM

i believe i sent a pm to jaywos im kinda new at this messaging stuff and thanks for the tip

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/28/10 02:56 AM

your welcome.i was going to get them,then my friend got a 88'monte ls in the junk yard so i get all the parts off it.
Posted By: RC84SS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/08/10 01:48 AM

Benen....i have most of the stuff that you need.. have you found the things that you need yet?..rickey
Posted By: Mac's 87SS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/12/10 12:54 PM

Guys,
I looking for a piece for a T top trim, exterior. Rt side A pillar upper. about 2" long.
If you see one, crab it and I will pay the shipping and $10 for the part.
If iti si more than that, please email me with the cost.
Pearceroy64@yahoo.com
Posted By: benen

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/16/10 10:52 PM

no i dont have it rick, do you have pictures?
Posted By: bkmonte87

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/30/10 03:52 PM

Hey Guys I was in Crazy Rays 2801 Hawkins point rd Baltimore MD there was a 85 SS the sheet metal looked in decent shape, the rear floor boards were cut out.Most of the interior was gone except for the seats and some dash pieces.
Posted By: RubbercitySS

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 01/08/11 01:57 AM

any body near walkerton indiana check this place out sounds like a goldmine. we have 37 1987 aero coupes for sale they are getting hard to find and its time to turn them loose for the guys that want to restore the last rare rear wheel drive muscle cars 574 586 9446 we do ship all kinds of parts all over the usa we usually like to have an idea of were its going before we give quotes

also have lots of aero coupe parts for sale over 50 aero back windows and 25 deck lids

Posted By: 1 Slow SS

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 01/08/11 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: RubbercitySS
any body near walkerton indiana check this place out sounds like a goldmine. we have 37 1987 aero coupes for sale they are getting hard to find and its time to turn them loose for the guys that want to restore the last rare rear wheel drive muscle cars 574 586 9446 we do ship all kinds of parts all over the usa we usually like to have an idea of were its going before we give quotes

also have lots of aero coupe parts for sale over 50 aero back windows and 25 deck lids

Uh why did this have to come up.... I was hoping to finish this build and be done. Looks like an aero coupe is in the future!
Posted By: aeromonte87

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 03/02/11 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: RubbercitySS

Any idea of prices? i know i could use a new deck lid...
Posted By: gmachinz

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 04/19/11 10:10 PM

i bet MikesMonte will jump on all that stuff first.
Posted By: KICKNSS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/06/11 02:05 PM

Hey guys. I'm new to the form. I have a White 84 SS I'm getting rid of in St. Petersburg, FL. No engine. All SS parts are still on it. It has a 73 Skylark 10 bolt (shortened 2") with 3.73 posi gear set and custom upper control arms to adapt it. Global West upper front control arms with 12" 1LE brake rotors. Body is fair but the right A pillar is rusted out. The interior is still intacked but water has been leaking in for a long time. Need to move it soon. Want to sell it complete. Any body close that wants to look at it?
Posted By: KICKNSS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/06/11 02:25 PM

I forgot to give my cell # 727-488-3648. Del Yeates

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/29/11 12:20 AM

just saw a light blue/gray 87 mc ls at rosevelt u-pull-it in south san antonio. It was in a mild frontend crash so the hood, both fenders, and all the stuff up front (headlights, grille, etc.) is messed up but everything else was there. They are having a half price sale this weekend because of Memorial Day. FYI!
Posted By: tore1985

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/11/11 05:50 PM

any northern cali?
Posted By: 83SC,85SS

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/17/11 06:02 PM

central,pa?
Posted By: joyride

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/25/11 05:02 PM

anything over here in washington? or maybe somewhere relatively close to lemoore cali so my bro could pick me up a piece or 2?? smile thanks!
Posted By: tore1985

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/25/11 06:33 PM

theres a fresh 84 monte in hayward , ca pick n pull, im going to check

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/25/11 07:02 PM

I did a google search on a pick your part in heyward cali and it says it's been closed? Any idea if that's true..? I just made a new thread in the restoration and customization section if you wouldn't mind taking a look. If you do run into any monte's as I've had a hard time finding any at any local junkyards...I'd gladly pay you for any parts you pick up that I'd need. smile I know it maybe a long shot, and sounds like it could be a hassle but if you'd be up for it I'd appreciate it, if not no big deal. Thanks! smile

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/07/11 04:18 PM

monte ss with 3 pedals at a yard 15 minutes from me
Posted By: dlsutton3

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/12/11 12:32 AM

Saw an 86SS at Jim and Joes in South Shore KY for 3G complete with 16k miles. Website says 116k but I called and he said it's a 16k original mile car. Maybe worth checking out

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/16/11 10:07 PM

85 mc ls complete except for passenger front fender. Black exterior and burgandy interior. pick-n pull on Applewhite Rd south san antonio
Posted By: rdm85ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/19/11 12:36 AM

86 ss with goodwrench 350 sitting in Everett's junkyard in Brockton,Ma.
Posted By: Whitelion

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/19/11 02:33 AM

I know where there is a full complete maroon on maroon auto on the floor notchback all original complete , was told a one owner car sat for a few yrs after owner passed on an daughter wants to sell, car is in real good shape for a resto or a fixer upper to drive. not even 87,000 miles on the car.. have pics an info where thwe car is at an a number to call.. pm me if ya want to know.. i was gonna buy it but my finances have made a big change and cant now, would like to pass the chance to another Monte Carlo SS Fan...
Posted By: knight77

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/01/12 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Dalt10
There are 2 regular Montes (82-86) at the LKQ yard on east 50 at the 417.
At the Upull It & Pay off Orange ave (Taft area). There is a 86 SS, 2 regular Montes, 1 78 or 79 Monte, 2 or 3 Cutlass
s, 2 or 3 Regals and 1 Grand Prix.

dont go to the lkq in gainesville florida i went there looking for parts soon as i told them what it was for oh we dont carry anything that old

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/30/12 07:49 PM

Went to a totally new to me yard in my area and found this this week:

Also there is a hot air T-Type (most good stuff gone though). Plan to go back tomorrow for a few little items, not many other g-bodies there however. The SS seems to be mechanically complete, burgandy bench seat interior also missing the spoiler and tailights, cluster, t-tops and dash trim.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/05/12 03:24 PM

Can you by any chance grab the door strap covers, the bucket seat bracket covers, and the little plastic trim piece that goes around the shifter? I'm not sure what else I would need. Maybe the glove box cable? Mine doesn't have anything, it just hangs if I open it and I have no idea what it's supposed to look like or attach to. lol
Posted By: wanadrv

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/05/12 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: tall t-top
85 mc ls complete except for passenger front fender. Black exterior and burgandy interior. pick-n pull on Applewhite Rd south san antonio
AHHHHHH, I used to go to that Pick-n-pull all the time...loved living in an area with more Monte's-----not much left up here in the Midwest

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/06/12 04:47 AM

Sorry, I won't be going back there anytime soon and it's about a half hour drive away. The door panels were off already plus it was a bench seat car. Still some goodies left but most of the desireable stuff was gone as mentioned, but some decent trim left and underhood items.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/06/12 04:57 AM

Ahhh damn, I just realized I can't read. lol.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/06/12 05:00 AM

No problem. I'm sure Mikes Montes or another vendor has those small items for cheap.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/21/12 02:10 PM

85 mc sc and 87 ls at pick n pull on applewhite south san antonio. both still had lots of parts inside and out yesterday evening.

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 06/18/12 04:22 PM

In san antonio, pick n pull on applewhite has 2 montes a 85 and a 87.

At rosevelt U-pull-it there are 5 montes 1 is a 87 SS with T-tops as of noon Saturday all the t-top trim was there. Maroon interior.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/26/12 09:43 PM

I went to Mount Airy, Md to the Crazy Rays up there. They have a 87-88 Ls Monte, Euro Cutlass (in the trunk of the cutlass there is a scat crank that spun a rod)
Posted By: JMonte7892

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/04/12 03:03 AM

At the crazy ray's here in baltimore on erdman ave, there's an 83-85 SS, Dark blue with Bucket seats, center console, perfect front clip and passenger side door. The decklid wasn't in too bad of shape..
I took the tail lights (they were in perfect shape) and cluster though for $30, it had the orange-style gauges with the tach and clock built in.

There was also an aerocoupe at the top of the hill, it was the first one I have seen (or atleast noticed since I got into montes) It was gone through pretty good.. but the exterior (minus tail lights) was still there.

These were still sitting there about a week ago, i'm not sure about now. If your in the area, it wouldn't hurt to look. They rotate cars around often and get a lot of new in every day though.

I've been to the crazy rays just over the key bridge a couple weeks ago, there was only 1 monte there, it was beat up and there was nothing left. It's been there since april, if i remember correctly.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/05/12 08:50 PM

Update:
Returned to CR, the SS is still there, the aerocoupe is gone. The trans in the SS is gone, but the V6 is still in there.
Pics are a bit older, but its the same car. The seats, dash trim, gauge bezel, etc are still inside the car. Has true dual exhaust, non posi rear

Re: Junk Yard finds - 07/19/12 03:24 PM

There is a CL down at erdman crazy rays now, it's a puke green color, the dash is gone, there is most of a wiring harness on the passenger seat, looks like only 4 or 5 wires have been hacked.
Has tilt steering column, Manual windows and locks, no trunk solenoid, trunk lid and hood are good, bumpers are good. Radio bezel, glove box door is still there.

Parts are in decent shape.

There is also an 83-85 El camino down there, it's half way decent.
Posted By: 79gbody

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/28/12 02:13 AM

might be a long shot but if you go back by there in they have the corner lights for the luxury sport I'll take them

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/27/12 06:09 PM

Would you be talking about one of the side marker lights?

Cars in there are only there for about a month at the most. Anyways, there's 2 LS's that I just saw today. One is blue, it's missing the front clip, it's the 4.3 fuel injected, it's got the emblems on the trunk for it. It has grey interior, cluster is gone, no power options.

There's a tan ls with major exterior damage, I can't remember if it had red or brown interior, but had power everything, split bench. Cluster's still in it.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/05/12 03:55 PM

These are located right nxt too the head light. Yellow/clear light.
Posted By: wanadrv

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/21/12 04:26 PM

Any new finds in MO are ST Louis?

Re: Junk Yard finds - 11/29/12 06:18 PM

There are 2 chevy 6.0L's at Hawkins Point, Crazy Rays.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/22/12 06:46 PM

No montes at crazy rays in balt. city, but there's a couple g body malibus and a cutlass. There's also a newer GP, still has cluster and console.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/22/12 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: JMonte7892
No montes at crazy rays in balt. city, but there's a couple g body malibus and a cutlass. There's also a newer GP, still has cluster and console.

How many malibu's?

Re: Junk Yard finds - 12/22/12 11:38 PM

I saw 2 of them.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 01/06/13 05:55 AM

A local yard I frequent has a complete 87-88 SS they want $1,000 for. Solid but some rust, white/burgandy hardtop. Has been modified with who knows drivetrain wise, 7.5" rear and some SBC with headers, block off plate on firewall and 2" or so fiberglass cowl hood. Interior is ok, doesn't have correct 87-88 cluster. Located in Franklin, WI, PM me for details. They are selling it whole as of now.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 01/22/13 04:38 PM

Crazy Rays just got a 77 monte carlo to anyone interested, brownish-red paint (sort of like the el camino w/ mcss front cover), very low rust, most of which was around windows, doors are dented, hood looked perfect, tail lights are 9 on a scale from 1-10, interior is red, matching plastic dash cover, orig dash is cracked up, 90% of interior is there and in good shape. Almost shed a tear for this car.

There are also a handful of olds g bodies down there. One looked like it had performance upgrades. Couple electric fuel pumps in trunk, newer exhaust..
Posted By: NMCHEVY87

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/13/13 04:53 AM

DERRICK GOT ANY SMALL VACCUM LINES THAT WOULD FIT A 1987 SS 305
Posted By: NMCHEVY87

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/13/13 04:54 AM

Got any vaccum lines for a 1987 SS 305

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/13/13 02:33 PM

Originally Posted By: NMCHEVY87
Got any vaccum lines for a 1987 SS 305

What kind of vacuum lines?

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/03/13 10:52 PM

87 SS @ Hawkins Point
No longer has doors, Floor looks to have minimal rust, not much of interior left. True dual exhaust. Front fascia has a crack
Posted By: jnw86

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/10/13 01:00 AM

There is a place on Corbett Rd in Groveport, OH (Columbus area)called Elite Automotive Specialists that is parting out a monte. No frame, but a nice tub and front clip. Also custom interior and stereo stuff.
Posted By: phils_super sport

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/25/13 06:21 AM

lkq in raleigh nc has a 71 monte carlo with a 396.
Posted By: Huskerfan

Re: Junk Yard finds - 04/05/13 10:32 PM

I need driverside fender extension and driverside headlight bucket.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/01/13 02:14 AM

Crazy ray's/LKQ/Keystone on erdman has an 87 LS monte primer black ext/deep blue int and an almost untouched tan 4 door malibu as of last week. Malibu is now missing a license plate bracket.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/10/13 02:15 AM

lkq raleigh nc has a black 84 monte with burgundy interior bucket seat car solid floor pan lots of parts left.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/20/13 06:13 AM

lkq in durham nc has 2 grand prix(86&87),83 cutlass,87 firebird.all pretty complete

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/20/13 11:46 AM

Lucky! I'd be pulling a dash if I ever saw a grand prix around here..

Re: Junk Yard finds - 06/21/13 03:35 AM

both had burgundy dash's and neither had a crack.

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 07/14/13 04:34 PM

87 LS V6 at hawkins pt. interior in OK shape, I took steering column. Front clip looks good, rear clip is great besides trunk lid and one bad tail light. Has a 2004r trans. There is an old pontiac GP down there, but no dash.
Posted By: 87ttop

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 07/17/13 01:07 AM

87 LS V6 at hawkins pt. interior in OK shape, I took steering column. Front clip looks good, rear clip is great besides trunk lid and one bad tail light. Has a 2004r trans. There is an old pontiac GP down there, but no dash.

how much r they asking for header panel and front bumper

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 07/18/13 11:44 AM

I really couldn't tell you since they removed their price list, but I bought a front bumper cover from them once and it was about $50
Posted By: Warriorridge

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 08/18/13 01:04 AM

Jonny's you pull it in Altoona Pa has a nice 84 grand prix. the intake and valve covers are missing, I took the dash and inner fenders.

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 08/18/13 02:04 PM

Still looking for rear wheel well moldings if ding/dent free laugh .

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 08/19/13 10:44 PM

Paul there is no trim really left on it cause I took all the good trim off of it.

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 10/08/13 04:22 PM

is this vehicle still there interested in the corner lights from the header.

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 10/08/13 10:11 PM

They already crashed it.
Posted By: Aerocoupe185

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 10/23/13 08:26 PM

anyone know of G body junkyard cars around Charlotte NC or Columbia SC?

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 11/02/13 08:21 PM

Erdman ave crazy rays has a G body olds 442 with ttops and an 85 sport coupe, looks to have power windows, floor shift. Has V6 (i took console w/ bread box)

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 12/07/13 11:00 PM

Hawkins pt has a grand prix with dash, didn't look at engine bay as I was pissed off at guy at the window for trying to charge me $80 for that dash with nothing in it. Thanks alot LKQ/Keystone.
Posted By: Ole Blue

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 12/08/13 06:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Aerocoupe185
anyone know of G body junkyard cars around Charlotte NC or Columbia SC?
I am always looking also. Nothing around right now.
If I see anything, I'll give you a holler.
Posted By: markg

Re: Junk Yard finds - 01/08/14 08:42 PM

hi tony

is this black monte still in the boneyard?
todays car show was held in a old car junk yard here are some montes in the bone yard

Posted By: markg

Re: Junk Yard finds - 01/09/14 11:14 AM

tony is this monte in the top pic still there?i tried to pm you but it is full.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/24/14 03:02 PM

84 MC Sport coupe and gbody elky at erdman ave LKQ/rays
Dash on the MC has only one crack up near left side of cluster, interior is gray with bench/column setup. Body is in OK shape. I pulled front bumper cover and header panel.

Elky is rusted out badly.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 08/31/14 08:45 PM

4 G-bodys at E-Z pickins (which is now called poor boys u-pull-it) on earls road in middle river, MD.

1 Cutlass calais (hope I spelled that right) with T-Tops.
3 SS's, 1 VERY nice silver SS with 87-88 parts on it, though the spray paint says it's an 83 (VIN swap??) Looks like someone took very good care of it, then junked it for some reason. Front bumper is in great shape, no cracks and has emblem, rear bumper is also in good shape with good trim. Had either blue or grey int. Console gone, car had options.

2 beat up SS's, white in color. One has T-tops, one doesn't. Both in bad shape.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/01/14 01:06 PM

There is an 86' Elky at a yard in Franklin, WI (Al's) with factory a/c delete. Pretty much complete. Not planning on going back soon or pulling/shipping it. Just putting it out there if anyone is within distance and wants it.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/07/14 05:04 PM

3 G-bodies at LKQ pick your part (crazy rays) erdman ave,balt. MD

2 door malibu, 80 monte, 84 (if i remember correctly) cutlass with 47,000 Miles on it. Why anyone would junk that is beyond me. It looks gorgeous

Re: Junk Yard finds - 09/08/14 02:08 PM

An old yard is closing in East Troy WI: http://www.oldcarsweekly.com/blogs/under...hed-winter-2014

I went there Saturday, had about 20 g-bodies, mostly early year base models. About 5 are factory a/c delete and complete. Looks like most have been sitting there 15-20 years, the yard didn't have much activity I think due to a difficult owner. Just putting it out there, if anyone is in the area. Only a couple 4th gen Montes but maybe a dozen Malibu's.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/04/15 11:01 PM

E-Z pickins (now poor boys u-pull-it) in middle river, MD has several G-Bodies to pick from.

I've seen 2 SS's, one was white and another was silver. The silver one was an 83 that had grey 87-88 interior. It was missing a bunch of stuff, but what was left was in good shape. Front fascia and rear bumper were in good condition, some minor scuffs. I took the hood, steering column and door panels which even had new window felt. The white SS looked pretty rusted up and was in the middle of a "lake" (a really big puddle in which I had to crawl across two cars to get to it) looked like it had 84-85 blue interior, console was there but I couldn't even find pieces of a bread box. The giant puddle helped deter people from pulling parts from it. 2 cutlass', and either a 4 door malibu or caprice. (can't tell 'em apart sometimes).

While I was walking out, I noticed a front end loader carrying an el camino through the yard. After he set it down and left, i noticed it had brand newish HVAC controller that wasn't faded (had a couple scratches, and a date stamp of 2008) so i instinctively pulled it which looks like a well spent $10 investment. It had red interior with blue style idiot light cluster, 85mph speedo and tach/clock block off plate iirc. Car/truck looked like it had a rough life.

There is also a 80's buick riviera in there that I mentioned in the mcss chatbox, it had the turbo v6. Turbo and everything that went with it was still in it. I was going to pull it and throw it on ebay, but I quickly ran out of money.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/05/15 11:00 PM

There's a lot of obsolete hard to find parts on that carb'd turbo motor. The vacuum actuated boost diaphragm being one of them! Also, the old school timing retard spark control module is worth grabbing. It basically detects knock and pulls timing out up to 12 degrees. There are other things but I'm sure that car will get surgically picked apart once a turbo guy sees it.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/06/15 04:23 PM

I remember seeing this car there last year so it's probably not going anywhere. Maybe i'll head back down this weekend and start wrenching.

Could probably make a good bit of money selling a whole package, right? My thinking is i'll pull everything connected to the top of the intake, as well as the valve covers for dramatic effect. Maybe the intake itself too if I have to

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/07/15 01:57 PM

In that above pic, you can see the vacuum operated turbo line that opens/closes a butterfly-its the single most difficult piece to find on those setups. I'd grab all of it if I were you. Basically, the whole topend would be worth grabbing.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 02/07/15 02:50 PM

Okay, it's supposed to be 50 degrees and sunny here tomorrow. Going to grab it all up! Will take a couple cans of trust it with me.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/29/15 09:37 PM

Other cars in the same yard:

there was also another olds in there.
Posted By: The_Emperorbrownsuga

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/30/15 05:19 AM

Wish I could find them that complete here!!

Re: Junk Yard finds - 03/30/15 01:26 PM

Wow, that's alot of parts worth taking, IMO.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/03/15 08:31 PM

Following up...
This one was hiding from me in the corner. Didn't see it the first few times.

Not in the yard yet:

If you guys see something you want in the pictures, let me know. I can pull and ship. (Not big stuff please)

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/04/15 04:22 PM

This yard must be hidden or something, here those SS's would of been stripped pretty good within weeks, maybe within a week laugh . Here is a picture of one with almost exactly one month span between pictures...the yard already removed a few parts before it was put back for the general public (as you can see, first pic), then I took most of the good stuff shortly after smile. Went back yesterday just to see what other stuff came in and saw it still there, people took stuff I passed over, rear seats, cracked dash, trunk lid that was rusty, cut into for spoiler, etc. Maybe since there are fewer and fewer into yards in recent years.

Plenty of parts on that white 86' worth taking, even if not in great shape, IMO.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 05/05/15 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: PB86SS/87LS
This yard must be hidden or something, here those SS's would of been stripped pretty good within weeks, maybe within a week laugh . Here is a picture of one with almost exactly one month span between pictures...the yard already removed a few parts before it was put back for the general public (as you can see, first pic), then I took most of the good stuff shortly after smile. Went back yesterday just to see what other stuff came in and saw it still there, people took stuff I passed over, rear seats, cracked dash, trunk lid that was rusty, cut into for spoiler, etc. Maybe since there are fewer and fewer into yards in recent years.

Plenty of parts on that white 86' worth taking, even if not in great shape, IMO.

Yeah, in more of the better-known yards around, G-bodies don't last more than a couple weeks. Then you have A-holes breaking stuff just to get something stupid. Like destroying a perfectly good breadbox console just for shifter parts because they don't feel like removing a couple screws. Some of the g-bodies i've seen in this yard have been there for 3+ years. I can tell the owner has a soft spot for them as they don't have forklift holes in any of the panels. Yard is probably 15 minutes from baltimore city line, but it's in the sticks.
Posted By: El Corvino

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/17/15 04:16 AM

JMonte7892 - I tried to PM you but your box is full. Could you shoot me an email? Had a quick question you can probably help me out with. Mike.Toomes@gmail.com
Posted By: mymonte-ss

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/25/15 01:34 AM

Jmonte7892, if you have time and they're still around. I need a front bumper, the aluminum piece.

TIA.

Re: Junk Yard finds - 10/25/15 04:27 AM

Sorry guys, PMs sent and my box cleaned up.
Posted By: Bitflipper

Re: STICKY: Junk Yard finds - 03/19/16 01:53 AM

I found this in the San Jose California Pick-n-pull. It's not listed in their inventory even - I figured I was going to have to salvage my wiper arm and a few trim clips from a cutlass. Unfortunately, other than the wiper arm and the clips, there was virtually nothing else usable. The guy that owned it turned it into a Frankenstein. Took out the carb and put in Tuned Port Injection; he went to the trouble of rewiring the entire computer and had about half a dozen different TPI ECM's in the trunk. Seats were changed with what look to be Cadillac leather seats. Instrument cluster was changed to I have no idea what. Dash cracked all to hell. Rear lights significantly chipped and knights missing. If the car wasn't so shabbily painted I might say the driver's side door could have some value, but other than that, I couldn't find anything worth taking.

It's a shame really what happened to this car, but then I guess if it was any better it wouldn't have landed in the junkyard!

© 2019 MonteCarloSS.com Message Board