MonteCarloSS.com

Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors

Posted By: QuikZilver

Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/10/15 11:47 PM

I am looking for the metal strips (generally not painted) that attach to the door shell that the pull straps are screwed into. I need both sides. If you have and are willing to part with, hit me up. Shipping would be to 33445. Thanks in advance!!
Posted By: cj84ss

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/11/15 01:23 AM

Your local parts store most likely has them. Usually in the help section. Been a
While since I even looked but they always used to have them.
Posted By: Mick

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/11/15 02:00 PM

I think I have a pair will check tonight
Posted By: LXXXIV SS

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/11/15 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: QuikZilver
I am looking for the metal strips (generally not painted) that attach to the door shell that the pull straps are screwed into. I need both sides. If you have and are willing to part with, hit me up. Shipping would be to 33445. Thanks in advance!!

My 84SS pull strap metal pieces attach to the door panel itself, not the door shell. Maybe your car is different, though?
Posted By: 86ttop

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/11/15 11:33 PM

They do pop rivet to the door panel or at least mine did.
Posted By: gmachinz

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/12/15 05:26 AM

78-80 Monte door strap pulls screw threw the ends of the metal strips and into the door shells-not sure exactly what year GM began to rivet the strips to the upper door panel but it was a better idea. The 78-80 cars had no such extra support behind the panels like that.
Posted By: 86ttop

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/12/15 05:57 PM

the screws still go thru the strips and hold the pull straps better to the door. IIRC
Posted By: LXXXIV SS

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/12/15 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 86ttop
the screws still go thru the strips and hold the pull straps better to the door. IIRC

Yep, you're right.
Posted By: QuikZilver

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/12/15 10:48 PM

Just found a set from member: Derrick. Thanks again Derrick!!!
Posted By: gmachinz

Re: Looking for metal strips for pull straps - doors - 11/18/15 02:09 PM

On my 80 Monte, I decided to use a riv-nut gun to press 8mm nuts into my door hardware-so instead of using a big ole coarse machine screw I can use an actual machine bolt. I hate when them damn pull straps get loose-pits for sure....lol
© 2021 MonteCarloSS.com Message Board