MonteCarloSS.com

When to run a heated O2 sensor?

Posted By: WPV

When to run a heated O2 sensor? - 12/09/15 09:39 PM

so with my mid length headers how will i know if i need to run a heated O2 sensor? i have it in the collector, the car has a random SES light but when i go to pull it goes away. is this from the O2 finally heating up?
Posted By: 86ttop

Re: When to run a heated O2 sensor? - 12/09/15 10:10 PM

As you know, the original sensor is in the manifold, very close to the engine, since yours is in the collector, you should use a heated one, the O2 sensor needs to be heated to about 600 degrees F to work properly, good luck.

Re: When to run a heated O2 sensor? - 12/10/15 12:57 AM

ok sweet, thanks 86ttop for the quick reply, looks like my christmas list for myself is growing!
Posted By: cj84ss

Re: When to run a heated O2 sensor? - 12/10/15 01:27 AM

With headers you will need to have a heated O2.
Posted By: mmc427ss

Re: When to run a heated O2 sensor? - 12/10/15 05:42 AM

Wiring a three wire is pretty simple, the black is the signal wire, goes to the existing purple. The other two wire are white, power for the heater, one goes to ground, the other to a Ign ON source, the supply for the choke heater is a good source.

A four wire O2 can also be used. The difference is the fourth wire is a redundant ground used by the sensor in the O2. That wire runs directly to the ECM, insures a direct ground to the ECM's board.
Bob

Re: When to run a heated O2 sensor? - 12/10/15 10:29 AM

I was looking at this
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cei-103025
Its alittle expensive but it comes with a harness and the correct plug, i looked it up and ours read 0-1V. has anyone used this before?
Posted By: 86ttop

Re: When to run a heated O2 sensor? - 12/10/15 03:27 PM

I have not used one, but it looks to have the necessary wiring to connect it to the system.

Re: When to run a heated O2 sensor? - 12/31/15 01:32 PM

So I finally got off the couch long enough to drive up the road to the hobby shop, installed the heated O2 sensor kit and wow, night and day difference, feels stronger. The kit was great!
© 2020 MonteCarloSS.com Message Board