MonteCarloSS.com

HVAC Control Panel

Posted By: tom demarco

HVAC Control Panel - 01/26/21 06:24 PM

Guys
I made a "dyno" to test your HVAC control on the dash. vacuum pumps blend dors etc. If your not sure if it is broken and I can test it for you and possibly rebuilt your 9 port switch if it isn't working. Not looking to make money just looking to help. if my pm is full email me a tdemarco1@windstream.net, and if you have some units laying around, and you would like to send them to me to test or use for parts to help other guys, most of GM part numbers for these are gone or hug money If it tests well I will mail it back for shipping costs only

Tom DeMarco
Posted By: Hunter79764

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 01/27/21 05:40 PM

That is awesome... I've got HVAC on my list for the next year, I think my issues are mechanical only (I think the blend door actuator rod popped out and jammed up, but I'm not sure, haven't tried to mess with it in years since none of the HVAC worked except the blower anyway), but when I dig in to it, I might be sending you one to test if the problem isn't clear.
Posted By: 86ttop

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 01/28/21 02:19 AM

Shawn, check this out too. www.montecarloss.com/SS_FAQ_16.html#4
Posted By: Hunter79764

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 01/28/21 08:42 PM

That last one is similar to my issues, except for the floor/vent switch. I'm assuming there's a similar broken plastic piece, but I haven't torn into it to see... And after that, I have no idea if the rest still works after sitting so long.

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 10/08/21 02:29 AM

the heater control cable mechanically moves a plastic lever that breaks Mikes Monte has them getting the old one out no fun

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 10/08/21 02:30 AM

Shawn the blend door actuator connect to that lever too

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 10/09/21 02:09 AM

check this tech post. www.montecarloss.com/SS_FAQ_16.html#4 an good luck!
Posted By: Ghost Car

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 10/14/21 01:58 AM

Thanks for this post. I was having the same problem. Opened my glovebox and slipped my into the heater box area and moved the temperature control. Found the cable and the lever arm was broke. Ordered the part today.
Posted By: Ghost Car

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 10/18/21 09:04 PM

Replaced part today. Took only about 30 minutes and I didn't break anything. Instructions helped. The only thing to add is the slot of the T is oriented left - right or driver - passenger on top of the heater box. Also, I got a thin-wide blade screw driver and slipped between to box and part. With a slight upward pressure, the lever arm popped out while turning. Given this lever is plastic, I bet about 80% of our cars need replacing this part. I live in Houston, so my temp control lever is pegged full cold 99% of the time. Maybe once a year, I will turn the heat and defrost on and move the temp control to hot just to exercise the heater control valve.

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 10/19/21 01:01 AM

thumbs

Re: HVAC Control Panel - 11/28/21 02:39 PM

GMHVACCONSOLERESTORATION.COM he has everything
© 2021 MonteCarloSS.com Message Board