MonteCarloSS.com

Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro

Posted By: 00r1sc

Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/10/12 02:30 PM

I was just wondering if anyone has used this specific exhaust on their Monte's? I have searched on here but no feedback on this just the Violators. It is time to replace the exhaust and these are on "special" from JEGS. Any feedback from you all would be great as far as sound goes and performance. The car is an 1987 Aero w/ Elderbrock TES headers and the rest is stock. Thanks in advance.

http://www.jegs.com/i/PYPES/958/SGG50S/10002/-1

David
Posted By: 84LS1T56SS

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/12/12 07:23 AM

Pypes Street Pro, 3" stainless.

http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/tt297/lgun1/?action=view&current=2011-03-20_14-39-39_635.mp4
Posted By: mooremonte

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/13/12 06:22 AM

I've got the 2.5" system and love it. Good build quality and sound. Mine has the gn tips.

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/13/12 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: mooremonte
I've got the 2.5" system and love it. Good build quality and sound. Mine has the gn tips.

Looks good, did you go with the street pros or the violaters?

Thanks,
David
Posted By: gashousemonte

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/13/12 04:32 PM

yeah ive got a 2 1/2" x pipe setup with g /n tips, ive got the race pros, with a set of hedman(what i call mid lentgh) headers, i wouldnt have anything else! just what you want one to sound like. but now, i had a set of 3chamber 50 series flowmasters that were awsome too. they were alilquietier. belive its the x pipe though that makes the diffrence.
Posted By: mooremonte

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/13/12 10:49 PM

I went with the street pros. Has sort of a 5.0 stang sound at certain rpms
Posted By: spacemanspif

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/14/12 01:24 AM

I don't remember what mufflers I bought, either way they weren't the violators. They drone a little on acceleration but are completely quiet on the highway, get loud when you jump on it, and have a good mellow rumble at idle.

I got the MCSS tailpipes and the shop that hung the system said they couldn't get the passenger side to line up right and ended up cutting it in half and bending a new pipe to finish it off. So when you look at the back of my car the 2 pipes aren't hung exactly the same and the wall thickness of the shop pipe is thicker than the Pypes pipe...so my back end looks a little silly lol.

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/14/12 12:30 PM

Thanks for the replies, I am going to order today just not sure if to go w/ the street pros or the violators.

David
Posted By: Bad Co

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/14/12 02:15 PM

I have the violators. They are loud all the time but that's what I like. If you only want loud when you're steppin on it I would get the street pros.
Posted By: monte ss496

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/14/12 02:32 PM

This months super chevy has an article on the pipes setup and I beleve a member of malibu racing who's screen name is shotgun works for pypes!

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/15/12 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Bad Co
I have the violators. They are loud all the time but that's what I like. If you only want loud when you're steppin on it I would get the street pros.

What do you have in your car? I have the stock 305.
Posted By: Bad Co

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/15/12 05:27 PM

355, shorty headers, no cats, x-pipe, full tailpipes. Probably taking the x-pipe out though, I don't really like the sound.
Posted By: SilverSS

Re: Pypes Exhaust Street-Pro - 12/17/12 04:40 AM

I had Race Pro's with 3" and x-pipe behind the 540 with longtubes and it was too quiet for me. It sounded ok outside the car at an idle but wasn't loud enough to hear inside the car at all. I've also been considering taking out the x-pipe- I like the sound of true duals better.
© 2022 MonteCarloSS.com Message Board